Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Aul

Good Brokers

Guest forsearch

Use the search function on this site, and you'll find many responses that can help you out.

Please recommend a good broker to me. I am a beginner and I would like to start with small accounts. Thank you!
There are many factors that one has to take into account when deciding on a broker. For example...what instruments do you plan to trade (stocks, futures, etc)? What type of trading do you plan to do (swing or day trade)? Some brokers also have minimum starting amounts. More information is needed to point you in the correct direction. If available, I would always try to test drive (demo) a broker before choosing it. Even though the results may not be identical, it's still a good way to get a feel for it.

There are many factors that one has to take into account when deciding on a broker. For example...what instruments do you plan to trade (stocks, futures, etc)? What type of trading do you plan to do (swing or day trade)? Some brokers also have minimum starting amounts. More information is needed to point you in the correct direction. If available, I would always try to test drive (demo) a broker before choosing it. Even though the results may not be identical, it's still a good way to get a feel for it.

Thanks for your reply! I'm planning to do Forex trading. Probably I would like to start with swing trades, but daily trades work fine with me too. I just would like to start with as low minimum as possible.

Thanks for your reply! I'm planning to do Forex trading. Probably I would like to start with swing trades, but daily trades work fine with me too. I just would like to start with as low minimum as possible.
I currently (and have been for awhile) trading Forex through EFXGroup (owned by MBTrading). From my experience their customer service is excellent and the platform/performance is solid. However, other than very simple charts on their .NET platform, they do not have free charting. Many people I know that casually trade Forex use the MT4 platform with a demo account from another broker. EFXGroup also does not have fixed spreads. They charge a commission instead. If you actively trade during active hours this can work out to your advantage.

I have used several other Forex Brokers in the past but enough time has elapsed that I am unable to give an accurate account as to where they currently stand.

There is another thread that discusses FX Brokers some that can be found HERE.

I currently (and have been for awhile) trading Forex through EFXGroup (owned by MBTrading). From my experience their customer service is excellent and the platform/performance is solid. However, other than very simple charts on their .NET platform, they do not have free charting. Many people I know that casually trade Forex use the MT4 platform with a demo account from another broker. EFXGroup also does not have fixed spreads. They charge a commission instead. If you actively trade during active hours this can work out to your advantage.

I have used several other Forex Brokers in the past but enough time has elapsed that I am unable to give an accurate account as to where they currently stand.

There is another thread that discusses FX Brokers some that can be found HERE.

What is their depositing minimum? I would like to start with no more than $100.

Guest forsearch

Aul,

Did you take the effort to go to their website and actually look before asking again?

http://efxgroup.com/deposits.php

Not to be a PITA, but you might want to do some of the legwork yourself.

-fs

Aul,

Did you take the effort to go to their website and actually look before asking again?

http://efxgroup.com/deposits.php

Not to be a PITA, but you might want to do some of the legwork yourself.

-fs

Yes, I did, but I wasn't sure I found a right information, because $400 was much more than I expected. Anyway, thanks for your help.