Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wasp

Live FX Trades

Alright... I'll give this a little bit longer now that I've found the likely source of my troubles (see the discussion thread). I've carefully scrutinized my charts and am now reasonably certain they're correct.

Currently long GJ @ 201.04

Currently long GJ @ 201.04

Stopped for -65. Wow... you don't see that too often, where the previous 4-hour bar (a very bullish one) is completely invalidated. This bloody thing doesn't want to give me a break.

I went short from 200.48 last night (rather, during my night). I'm quite frankly amazed that I wasn't stopped out. You just can't trust candle formations right now.

I have a developing feeling that we're seeing a lack of liquidity in-play here. That would certainly go a long way towards explaining the crappiness of it all.

I went short from 200.48 last night (rather, during my night). I'm quite frankly amazed that I wasn't stopped out. You just can't trust candle formations right now.

I have a developing feeling that we're seeing a lack of liquidity in-play here. That would certainly go a long way towards explaining the crappiness of it all.

http://www.dailyfx.com/story/charting_center/futures_positioning_cot_report/British_Pound_Speculative_Shorts__COT__1219681227093.html

Part of the problem as I see it is no one wants the damn pound but, no one particularly wants the Yen either. We are still in a down trend/spiral which needs something to kick it out.

1.thumb.gif.3bfed4a8be1fbf256d80e3756cdc0142.gif

Closed for +32.

Long GJ @ 200.17.

I wanted an entry near 200.00, but it doesn't look like it wants to go back down there. Watch - it will now that I've reversed. My stop will be like a magnet to it. That's how I've felt lately.

wow, nothing like a 100 pip retrace to ruin your weekend!

Yep. This beast is cruel.

Long GJ @ 200.17

Out for -65 (AGAIN!!!).

Went short from 199.25, closed for +42.

Currently long from 198.62

I have a 4-hour and a daily support line running near 198.67, and thus far, it's held twice. Ha! As if that's any indication.

Stopped for -60.

Wasp, where the crap is your support line around 194.30/50? I had mine marked at 194.52, which perfectly justified shorts (except for the fact that it had traveled so far last night), but the current reaction has it at 34. This is tickin' me off.

Either I can't see the support line properly because you have to go so bloody far back in time, or it's creating new S&R as it goes lower now?

Short @ 195.07

When I go back in time, 195.08 reacts very nicely as an S&R line. Current price action (to me) suggests a short after failing to penetrate at the last 4-hour bar is justified here. But heaven forbid if anyone is following my lead. I obviously have a ways to go yet.

Accidentally closed for +50... Word to the wise: don't leave your laptop down where your dogs can walk on it! Now... where'd I put my gun, mutt!!!

EDIT: Actually, +47... grrr!