Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

karim0028

Connecting to IB/TWS Via Corporate Proxy

Hey Guys,

I am dumbfounded by the fact that i cant get IB/TWS to connect via my work proxy..... Has anyone been able to get this to work? It gives you the option to connect via your proxy and the port you tell it....

I then call support and they then tell me that it needs ports 4000 & 4001 to connect to their servers.... Then why the hell tell me that i can access through a proxy.....

Has anyone been able to get this working behind a corporate proxy....

The company i work at is pretty big and dont usually open up ports for anyone.... Yet all of my programs work through the proxy....

Thinkorswim, Skype, MSN, all of them work through our proxy...

Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Karim

Hello,

I was happy to read that you could get Thinkorswim to connect through corporate proxy. I am not successful in it. We use ISA 2004 and I can't get it work via this.

How did you do it?

Please respond via pm.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gery

Edited by Soultrader
email address removed. Please use pm system. Thanks.