Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Adrian

Seeking Floor Trader Pivot Indicator

Hi,

There are various TS codes for floor trader pivots out there, but I am wondering if one has been or could be written that can plot the pivots on intra-day through monthly timeframes, plot them in the past, not just the current time period, and one that has an adjustable begin end times for handling intra-day forex. The closest I have found is something from http://www.alchemy.com. But they want $200 which for one indicator seems so far over the top its not funny. There are ELD's out there that have some of the above, but not all. Any one able to provide help and guidance?

thanks,

Adrian

Hi,

There are various TS codes for floor trader pivots out there, but I am wondering if one has been or could be written that can plot the pivots on intra-day through monthly timeframes, plot them in the past, not just the current time period, and one that has an adjustable begin end times for handling intra-day forex. The closest I have found is something from http://www.alchemy.com. But they want $200 which for one indicator seems so far over the top its not funny. There are ELD's out there that have some of the above, but not all. Any one able to provide help and guidance?

thanks,

Adrian

I am not saying this is a good or bad indicator, or that indicators in general are good or bad. But if something will add value to your trading and help you to be more profitable, is $200 really that much? This is 4 ES points. Why would you not spend $200 for something which potentially can result in perpetual increased profits?

Guest forsearch
I am not saying this is a good or bad indicator, or that indicators in general are good or bad. But if something will add value to your trading and help you to be more profitable, is $200 really that much? This is 4 ES points. Why would you not spend $200 for something which potentially can result in perpetual increased profits?

The folks at TTM like the way you think; the first 10 mins of this webinar should tell you why...

http://tinyurl.com/5jwpod

-fs

The folks at TTM like the way you think; the first 10 mins of this webinar should tell you why...

http://tinyurl.com/5jwpod

-fs

Unfortunately, you have missed the point as you so many times do because you are just looking for an excuse to post some kind of video.

You have post this video link so many times now, this is getting really boring and I don't really get the point you are trying to make with it. So, they make a lot of money by selling something to people who think they needs it. Good for them. This is call capitalism. Are you against it, or what is your point?

I am sure you have a color TV? Do you really need one? Or one at all for that matter? So you made someone else rich by buying something you don't need, but want, but have a problem with a business who sell something to other people they want, but is not something you want? Sounds a little hypocritical, doesn't it? Sounds a lot like my friend who always gets on my case for spending $3 for coffee at Starbucks, but have no problem spending twice that much for popcorn at a movie.

I have never purchased an indicator and most likely never will. But if I truly believe that something, indicator, book, video, or otherwise, will improve my trading, I surely will not scoff at paying $200 for it. Apparently you do. Good for you for learning everything by yourself without spending any money on anything to help you in the process.

Guest forsearch

Actually, I'm for it. Just that people shouldn't rain on TTM's parade for doing what makes sense for them. Why trade when you can teach people to trade and make more money?

Simple enough really. And yes, I've spent more than my share of $$$ in my quest for knowledge too. But to think that some magical indicator will provide the edge for my trading is quite naive.

Guest forsearch
Unfortunately, you have missed the point as you so many times do because you are just looking for an excuse to post some kind of video.

Since you brought it up, here's one you can identify with, I'm sure:

:rofl: