Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

cosmic

TMF Osc

Hi guys,

first of all a big "thank you" to walterw for digging it up & posting the original Twiggs Money Flow over here.

Please find attached my variation to this neat thing. Due to the recentering around a MA the ups & dns are more balanced & when you plot it as a histogram, divergences become very obvious.

A short guide to the Inputs of this study:

1. TMFPeriods(5) -> Length of the underlying TMF indicator

2. AvePeriods(10) -> Length of the Average used for recentering

3. SmoothOsc(4) -> Length of the WMA for the final smoothing of the Osc, 4 is my personal favorite & results in just one bar lag

4. Col_Up(Blue) -> UpColor if the Osc is above the zeroline

5. Col_Dn(Red) -> DnColor if the Osc is below the zeroline

If anybody has suggestions for tweaks or improvements, I will do my best to incorporate them.

Good trading to everyone,

cosmic

TMF_OSC.ELD

Thank You cosmic for the eld. Looks very good at showing divergences. Compiled fine on Multicharts.

btrader2

Fine btrader2,

thanks for checking it out on MultiCharts, looks like the next step would be to add a automatic divergence detection routine.

But for now, happy easter weekend all

cosmic

HI Cosmic,

I am really liking this indicator more and more. I have been looking at the indicator with stocks on a daily chart. But it is so tedious to look at so many charts. Is it possible to plot the last 5 days of the histogram on the radar screen. For example, the last 4 days of the histogram was below the zero line and it was red. Then today it went above the zero line and the radar screen became blue for today.

I am looking for crossovers above the zero line to go long at support and resistance like the 50sma and also to look for divergence. These look like great places to enter trades.

By looking at the radar screen i can look at many symbols and not have to look at the charts. I would narrow my views of charts on those that made the crossovers on the radar screen.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks,

dr ho.

cosmic:

would this alert work for zero line crosses?

{ Alert criteria }

if TR>0 then

Alert( "Bullish alert" )

else if TR<0 then

Alert( "Bearish alert" ) ;

I am watching this indicator on ES 10,000 volume chart and it seems to give an early warning as to directional change.

A "bonsoir de Paris" guys,

here's the little ELD change for the zeroline crossover alert.

I will also try to add the Radarscreen tweak as suggested by DrHo, but as I am not that used to using Radar it may take a bit longer.

Good trades,

cosmic

TMF_OSC_ALERT.ELD

Good Morning mero7676,

the downloaded ELD file only works for TradeStation or MultiCharts.

Haven't used MetaStock in years, but it should not be too hard to make the code workable there.

Good Sunday,

cosmic