Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

vhines200

What is the best movie of all time, in any language?

I think that everyone will have a different answer to this, and it's hard to narrow it down to a single one, but I will give you some of my favorites. I've long thought that 8 1/2 is the best film of all time, but I love so many it's hard to choose; it's like asking a parent to choose their favorite child.1. 8 1/2 by Federico Fellini2. Aguirre, the Wrath of God by Werner Herzog3. In the Mood for Love by Wong Kar-Wei4. Red by Kristof Kieslowski5. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind by Charlie Kaufmann6. Stolen Kisses by Francois Truffaut7. Buffalo 66 by Vincent Gallo8. Chinatown by Roman Polanski10. Belle de Jour by Luis Buñuel11. Clockwork Orange by Stanley Kubrick12. Last Tango in Paris by Bernardo Bertolucci13. Persona by Ingmar Berman14. Donnie Darko by Richard Kelly15. Manhattan by Woody Allen16. Nights of Cabiria by Federico Fellini

It has to be without a doubt 100% unequivocally no competition hands down number 1 "Conan the Barbarian" followed closely by "Commando", "Predator" and then the first 2 Rambo movies. Hehe I guess you can tell I love action flicks.

But on to other movies heres a list of some movies I love (apart from some of the ones you list there):

Glengarry Glenross

The Godfather

Scarface

The Usual Suspects

Annie Hall

Coffee & Cigarettes

Thank you for Smoking

Spartacus

Wall Street

La Dolce Vita

No Country For Old Men (Absolutely loved this movie)

The Pink Panther series

Omg i could go on forever!

Nick,

Whilst I too love action flicks I would have to say maybe (IMVHO) those are perhaps not the 'best' of the genre. What about The Matrix, Leon (aka the Professional in the US), Swordfish, Crouching Tiger.

As you say the list is endless, all good (if you like that sort of thing).