Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

rock

40gig PS3 or XBOX 360

I'm thinking about purchasing the 40 gb PS3 or the 360. Which do one do you gamers prefer and why?

I heard the PS3 actually has a slight advantage in graphics quality. Based on my personal comparison I believe this is true.

PS3's blue ray would be pretty cool to have and it would go well with my Blockbuster membership; however, I'm more concerned about the number of quality games coming out for the systems.

I'm worried that I'll regret purchasing the 360 if a lot of games begin to roll out for the ps3.

I've got a 360 and love it. I think the selection of games is good and growing. Many of the old Xbox games are compatible as well. Xbox Live, the online playing service, is just awesome. You can tap into your wireless internet at home and play people all over the world. I think Xbox Live sets the 360 apart.

I prefer to use the PC for playing games against other people so I'd to the PS3 over the 360. I've always been a PlayStation type of guy. The PS3 has Assiassin's Creed which looks spectacular. The graphics are also of a better quality. Remember that the PS3 being a newer console hasn't had enough time for developers to really explore its full potential. Remember just how sophisticated some of the games on the PS2 were at the end of it's life compared to the first ones that popped up?

If you want to play all out multiplayer games stick to your PC imho.

Dang, you guys are quick!

I've been doing some light research on it after I posted the thread and I was actually thinking the same as Nick1984. Perhaps I should just buy a new graphics card; however, before I do that, I'll need to address another issue about eye strain from the use of an LCD computer monitor that I'll probably post another thread on.

My primary reason for a new game console is for much needed stress relief. I'll probably end up waiting until next year to see how things turn out; however, the intense need of stress relieve may cause me to make an early impulsive buying decision.

Rock - the Wii is pretty cool. I wasn't sure about it and my buddy got one and it's a blast. I actually was pretty sore the day following our tennis match... Be careful how hard you swing that 'racket' at the beginning. You don't want tennis elbow! :rofl: