Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Dogpile

Thread for Daily Swing Trade Newsletter subscribers

This thread is to discuss entries and exits for Alan Farleys 'Daily Swing Trade' newsletter stocks. I am a long-time subscriber and find this service to be quite profitable. That said, it is not for the beginner.

His set-ups are logical and he does a great job finding names where price has pulled back while the stock still carries underlying momentum soon to either re-establish itself. If you are new, you will learn a lot. If you are experienced, you will make a lot.

If anyone wants to discuss some entries and exits for some of the names in his newsletter, let's give it a shot here.

http://www.thestreet.com/k/dst/pdf/200710091744.html

Recent example attached of a good swing trade offering 2 great swing trades over the last month

5aa70e0decce7_DSTExample.png.52a7127d70db970c80b77193e44d5a4d.png

Here is how I traded ILMN. Essentially, I waited to buy until some intraday momentum off of the opening price developed -- sacrificing a bit in intraday location in order to try to catch a 'direct' move.

Waiting for momentum off of the opening price means you are 'joining in' on strong buying. I believe that this is the way electronic markets behave. You aren't always going to get a super-pretty intraday bull flag that is going to let you in.

The intraday momentum will more often than not lead to a green bar. The green bar starts a potential upswing. You can take partial profits into the initial burst and get a free-ride on the balance.

As an independent trader, you have a large advantage here -- you don't have to buy 500,000 shares and incur 3 points of slippage building a position. You can buy 500 or 1000 on a buy-stop with maybe 3 cents of slippage. Others will recognize the pretty chart pattern and the developing momentum and join-in. Even more important, you can exit without slippage whereas an institution can get buried trying to unload the stock. I know this because I used to work for one of those institutions getting buried on abandoned high-beta names.

5aa70e0e088e3_ILMNExample.thumb.png.be178bc9713f3110b48304a89084a763.png

Another good example. At some point, this comes down to feel too -- but here is an example of a choppy stock where you have a big advantage being small and nimble. You enter, if you don't like the follow-thru you can just get out and look to re-enter.

5aa70e0e0f07e_BRCMExample.thumb.png.4a010a6d482f868175d2a51165db7edf.png

This is a free newsletter I get from Redoptions.com . He's very methodical about the plays he talks about and doesn't always have tons of plays, but the ones he does have have been on fire lately.

redoptions__on_my_mac__578_messages_-20071010-072156.jpg

This is a free newsletter I get from Redoptions.com . He's very methodical
Here is the site: https://www.redoption.com/create_a_login.php It makes a big difference in leaving out the 's' ;) otherwise you would get a chess site. I wanted to say leave the last 's' out for savings, but that is not quite true as each advisory seems to cost $20
RED Option is $20 per month (30 day period), per advisory. Daily commentary, education, and expert support are all free

It makes sense to use a free newsletter, but you often get a piling on effect a la Jim Cramer, but perhaps it is what you are looking for in a momentum play. As usual, I assume the subscribers get the first dibs in the stock picks so I would be careful as well about these newsletters, do your own due diligence.