Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

neeko13

Where Does One Find a Mentor?

Neeko,

(Not going to disrespect your “unless you know a trader in Arizona that can help me or are a trader in Arizona.” request over in your other thread -

but I am mighty tempted to refer you to Woody and his AZ stick family ;) :rofl: )

anyways ...

One man’s 'scalp' is half of another man’s morning... etc etc

robust inventory control can be confused with scalping.

so

> Please let us know what you mean by “scalping”.

Are you already decent at ( your definition of ) scalping? I advise traders to discover and develop their natural niche(s) in trading before engaging in “trading training” - because in trading, you need to be able to rely on your innate tendencies and idiosyncratic abilities as much as on technique(s). To hone your skills, your actions must be extensions of your natural capabilities.

and fwiw, I also advise traders not to even consider a real “trading mentor” until they are consistently profitable. Contrary to what tommyho said above they are NOT "all inclusive" mish mashed together. Maybe he was only trained and thought he was getting coaching and mentoring too. Or he may have been blessed, a one in a million, with his developmental support - and now concludes everyone can be a one in a million just like him... smart people seem to particularly susceptible to this fallacy...

Paraphrasing Einstein = implied in 'keep it simple' is that 'it' must also to be as complex as necessary ...

ya'll have a great weekend

zdo