Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MichelGJulien

One of the Weirdest Week on WTI I've Seen in Ages

It had been quite a while since I had aligned 2 consecutive days without a single trade. That speaks volumes about my degree of discomfort towards this news driven only crude oil market. Everything was about Syria this week and that made for a very bad trading environment with lots of volatility but no real conviction in either direction. In short, the worst of both worlds. John Kerry's Friday afternoon press conference did not clarify things really besides saying that Assad was guilty and that the credibility of the USA as the policeman of the world is at stake. I'm afraid all that is going to happen now is that we will get stuck with this uncertain thing hanging over our heads for a few more days/weeks...shit!

attachment.php?attachmentid=36940&stc=1&d=1377900858

With war drums hardly beating anymore, we're likely to revisit the 105 area

Back to the market, it opened this morning at 108.17, outside yesterday's range and value area. The 2 gaps to be filled stood at 108.52 and 105.79. Only the one at 108.52 got filled. Right from the start it looked like this was probably going to be another chop chop session, with the end of the month books squaring, a 3-day weekend and of course Syria. And Lord was it choppy, especially after Kerry. Initial balance came in at 43 ticks this morning or 42% below its 10-day average. That's very much below average. That prompted me to tweet: "We are likely to get increased volatility later on". And of course as I said, we did. Technically, the charts haven't changed that much today. One observation: the $2-$3 "war premium" seems to be gone. In fact, we are more or less back to the price level we had prior to the beginning of the war escalation (constituted of jawboning more than anything else so far). Next week, volatility should be something to behold as well, so enjoy the long weekend!

I didn't take any trade today. Results: +56 ticks this week, +430 ticks in August and +1723 ticks since May 1st.

More articles on my blog

Or on my Tweeter stream

5aa711fc6b173_LIKELYTARGET.thumb.png.75eac89f2b1ec7d4efdce3f7b32b2123.png