Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
brownsfan019

Moderation in Moderation

While the forum has grown and we know James can't possibly do all the moderation himself, there also needs to be a watchful eye on the mod's that are given full privileges.

I was involved in a thread where my opinion was not favored by a few (incl a mod) and now the thread has changed.

IMO mod's are probably best suited to those that want to remain neutral and do not easily get offended. We used to have a few of those around.

Could you please post the thread in question. Moderation is quite a difficult task.. especially trying to prevent things from going loose like it is in other boards.

I am against over-moderation but one bad apple can spoil the entire site in a forum based community. Hence my quick action to remove abusive posts and ban abusive members. Trading boards should attract a mature audience as well.

I am gradually working on features where mods can communicate better amongst themselves in order to obtain a second opinion on what to do. This will be implemented over the upcoming weeks.

Hi bf,

If you are referring to Swingfade, I deleted it. Why? The user is using multiple aliases to stir up personal fights with a particular member on TL. Seems like unsquashed beef from another board which is absolutely irrelevant and useless to what we cater on TL.

So far Ive caught 3 different aliases of swingfade using 2 different IP's. Ive banned them both and instead of banning the user only, I ran a complete ban which removes any post and pm swingfade had created. I have absolutely zero tolerance for such kindergarten behavior and if they want to behave this way I am more than happy to recommend other forums that they can participate on.

It wasn't swingfade. My own posts have been deleted. I thought I had been here long enough to get the respect of having posts remain, but since the posts in question were directed to DB, they are now magically removed.

IMO when you have an active poster who has exhibited very liberal uses of his moderation privileges, it's time to evaluate that person as a mod. As I asked you to set me as a mod to ONLY the candlestick corner and OEC, I'd suggest you do the same w/ others. DB has his area and is appropriate to be a mod there.

I believe those posts were all related to the argument between trader28, steve, etc...?

Ive removed posts from that thread that were clearly irrelevant to the thread and off topic. I had assumed they were all related somehow. Was this not the case? If so, please pm me what the situation was. Thanks.