Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Rob Booker Interview!

On Weds. March 30th, I will be interviewing Rob Booker.

Register for this Traders Laboratory exclusive event. We'll also be hosting a Q&A session so if you've got a question for Rob, make sure you attend and ask it yourself on Wednesday, March 30th.

Best of all, Rob's got an indicator he wants to give to every Traders Laboratory Member just for attending (works on MetaTrader4, TradeStation and ForexTester). Don't miss out on this exclusive TL presentation!

Rob Booker is a foreign currency trader, best-selling author, and sought after speaker. A tireless world traveler, he has spoken to countless numbers of sold-out audiences throughout Asia, Europe and North America.

Rob is the founder of Piptopia.com, an online community for currency traders, as well as TraderRadio.net, a daily radio program heard by traders around the globe. He is also the author of the critically acclaimed Adventures of a Currency Trader as well as The Currency Trader's Handbook and Strategy:10, a highly popular currency e-book that has been downloaded more than a half million times since its release.

Most recently, Rob's book, Super Simple Forex Strategies, was released in Japan, becoming an "FX" bestseller with more than 30,000 copies sold.

Renowned for his entertaining approach to discussing the world's largest and most volatile financial market, Rob's analysis is read by thousands of people each day throughout the world. He maintains his Forex advisory practice close to home in Mission Viejo, California.

Click Here to Register

Personal Notes:

Rob was my mentor several years ago. We have since become friends.

Rob didn't start in the mail room of some big brokerage and work his way up to floor trader. Nor, did he work for a Bank and learn "Institutional Trading". He started as a

Retail Trader, like a lot of us here. He is open, down to Earth, sometimes funny.

He believes in transparency. Feel free to ask questions during the Q&A portion of the Webinar. Hope to see you there.

Chris

Edited by Mysticforex

I downloaded the Wallaby indicator for ninjatrader, and matched it with rob's chart for a similar trade, and unfortunately they don't match. Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is the shot from Rob's setup on metatrader:

http://content.screencast.com/users/robbooker/folders/Snagit/media/962ffe05-57d0-4ec6-910e-f64d79c41f50/04.04.2011-19.27.26.png

Attached is my screen shot, used with the default settings and it looks much noisier. Any ideas?

euro-wallby-question.thumb.PNG.9e5cf1c2080e4e45eabedc63381c260d.PNG

Thanks again Mystic, great interview!

This isn't the issue I think, as I have several years worth of history and the stochastics only use up 7 or so bars back I think. But thanks for the suggestion!

Yes, Thanks TL. Down to Earth, no BS. A real Trader.

Totally agree with you PiptopiaX, CrypticTrader and GlassOnion :-

Rob Booker comes across as a decent human being who is intent on seeing traders master their game. I would like to hear more from this man.

It is a rare thing to have a trader expose their losses to public scrutiny as openly as their wins.

Having Rob as a guest was a coup for TL - thank you Mysticforex and Admin for that very useful Webinar. I am going to go over it again yet - I found a few points worth drumming in, from Rob's comments, and his discussions with Chris and James.

I have yet to get down and dirty with this wallaby indicator, but will do that this week, time permitting.

I noticed in the webinar that the nzdusd trade was short at what appeared to be a very key level from a previous drop down.. as Rob said, no magic with the indicator, it's just the average of three stochastics so any oscillator's divergence should show the same thing.. far more important is the context and location in which he took the trade I think. Just my $0.02.

It is a rare thing to have a trader expose their losses to public scrutiny as openly as their wins.

He does not really have a choice since he's become a CTA.