Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

YM Analysis for Oct. 16th, 2006

On Thursday Oct.12th, we saw the markets break out of consolidation and establish a higher value placement.

On Friday the 13th, we established an overlapping value. This may indicate price acceptance in this new zone. The late afternoon rally pushed prices above the critical 12000 mark to close bullish for the day and week.

The markets also closed above Thursdays high. Premarket action will be interesting to watch to see if price is further accepted at these levels.

There are a couple pivot point cluster zones that I will be looking at.

12050: monthly pivot

12020: Thursdays high and Fridays close cluster. Will be an interesting level

12000: value high pivot, daily pivot, and pysch level. Ultra key.

11960: weekly pivot and Friday low cluster. Will act as key support

11940 Thursday low and open gap

101606newzone.jpg.5e3035fbc2d082df0bb3ea959917044c.jpg

Hi wayneL,

What do you mean by that? Negative TICKS are simply TICKS under the zero line.

Are you referring to TICK hooks? TICK's using a line on close chart? Or a TICK using a candlestick chart?

Looks like today was a 3-I day in the YM and ES. A 3-I day is characterized by an initiative tail, initiative TPO count, and initiative range extension. According to Mind over Markets, there is a 94% probability that the YM and ES will trade above today's value area. See chart below.

3-I.jpg.c8bd0930d61f406c7445a02cde9ace8e.jpg

Nice ant. I still fail to recognize profile structures. You are the real MP expert in this forum :)

With this information in mind, tomorrow will be very interesting. The last time we had a 3-I day, we ended up having a higher value placement.