Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ceel

Cost of a Roundturn?

Hallo, I´m am planning a new strategy with a orderbook. There is one thing in my mind, it is a irrefutable argument, the costs of a roundturn. Have anybody here a answer. How much paid a institutional Trader for a roundturn?

Many regards

ceel

p.s.

Soory for my bad english.

Hi, trade4doug,

you are kidding me. For $4.80 I bring the order on foot to exchange. Now I have self researched and at IB is it possible to get roundturn up to $0.30.

But I don´t think that is the last word.

Ceel,

Would you mind sharing how?

I thought IB would charge around $4.30 for futures for ex.

You can check out commissions, fees and other costs at their website:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/accounts/fees/commission.php?ib_entity=uk

Futures are around 4.80$/roundtrip, but stocks are lot less (which is probably what ceel is talking about).

Hallo ZenMaschine,

I work with Eurex-contracts and big players make a lot of trades. They have a discount on their charge by IB. If your tradevolume is bigger than 20000 halfturns than your charge is only $0,25. As a privat trader with a small stake I think you have no chance against the big player. Therefore my idea to develop a orderbook-system makes no sense.

Many regards

ceel

Slightly changing the topic and now I'm asking about Forex -

IB charges minimum of $2.50 per order. They treat modified orders as cancel/new orders so each modified order costs the same.

Whereas in Japan, some brokers seem to charge NO commision. On top of it, their spread seem to be very small, maximum leverage is 200-500x, and minimum starting account is abou $50 - $100.

I haven't really looked into these brokers, but it seems that it's a lot easier in Japan to start forex trading and keep the cost low.

Does anyone have any experience with these brokers? I wonder if they allow overseas traders to have accounts with them?

Does anyone have any experience with Japanese forex brokers?

Some of them seem to very low cost - low spread and NO commision (depending on the volume). On top of it, their minimum starting account is $50 to $100, with leverage of 200x to 500x.

I've been with Mirus for almost six months now and I have no complaints. I've never had any problems so I can't comment on their customer service or trade desk, but so far I'm quite content with Mirus.