Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

eagle75

Newbie Questions ..

hi everybody ..

planning to open an small account (about $1200) to trade ES

so amp is my choice as $500 minimum starting account and day margin as $400

- is there is other better broker ?

- and about the margin call , if my balance is $1200 and the day margin is $400 so i can open 3 es contracts

if i open at first 1 contract and after about 20 ticks (in profit) adding another 2 contracts

did i am going to have an a margin call ? or till my balance get to red area ?

thanks in advance (sorry for my english !)

Save your money...trading a contract that has a notional value of 65K with a 1200 dollar account is asking for the big leverage stick to whack you quickly. A mere 120 dollars...which is 12 ticks on 1 contract, 4 ticks on your 3 contracts you mentioned..is 10% of your account. If you think you can survive long risking 10% per trade - send me your 1200 dollars...Ill send you back 600 dollars and you will be getting a better deal than AMP or anyone else will offer.

Paper trade until you save enough. No way to save enough? Find another job...and save the money. Remember the hours you worked to save that money. Than when you trade the 10-20K in your account..you will remember how long it took to obtain.

Market isn't going anywhere anytime soon. And I assume you are not trading to support yourself.

Good luck.

i hear things about amp .. so my second option is mirus ($2500 to start)

about risking .. if my account is 10k or more .. i will not risk more than 2% in a trade .. but if my account is 1 or 2k and i test and practice my strategy in sim :missy:.. dont mind to risk 10% per trade ..