Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Arthur

Timeframe of Trading

I was reading some resources and was stucked in the concepts like intraday and interday? What are these concepts in trading? Someone quoted that these are the timeframe methods of trading. How many type of time frame are there in trading? Can anyone explain me about these concepts in brief?

Regards

I was reading some resources and was stucked in the concepts like intraday and interday? What are these concepts in trading? Someone quoted that these are the timeframe methods of trading. How many type of time frame are there in trading? Can anyone explain me about these concepts in brief?

Regards

IntERday is between days, in other words a time frame that spans more than one day.

IntRAday is during the day or a time frame that happens within one or the same day.

There are an infinite number of time frames.

Some traders make a couple of trades a year. Some other traders can make more than one trade in a second.

Most of the trade discussed here is intraday/session, that is the trades are both opened and closed during the same trading session.

Good Luck

UrmaBlume

The time frame you are going to trade depends upon your strategy, what you feel comfortable with, and how much time you can spend watching the market. Some people feel very uncomfortable leaving an order in the market overnight. Especially if it's a highly leveraged security, like a futures contract. There are products that gain or loose a lot of money on relatively small price swings. If you were trading a stock that historically had extremely little percent change over long periods, then the short term risk would be much less. But then there is less opportunity for profit also.

Seems like about every time I have closed a profitable day trade, the position is just getting started, and would be a lot more profitable to have just held on longer. But everyone has their style, and I know there are wildly successful day traders out there, but its just not my thing.