Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Traders Laboratory Forex Trading Contest!

Six Days left if anyone wants to sign up for the June Contest!

Count me in Mysticforex.

I did very well in the first comp ... I think I can improve with age!

Lessons from first comp:

1) Always check the trading account number when placing trades.

2) Never fool around ... even with demo accounts - treat every trade as if it is the real deal.

3) Never take a directional bias.

Anyone else find the comp entertaining or enlightening?

If not, then should we abandon the exercise?

Have to say this though - after using the Oanda platform, compared to MT4 and IG Index (IG Markets in Australia) ... Oanda is the king when it comes to speed of execution and ... NO REQUOTES ... ever!

In fact, if Oanda had a branch in Australia, I would be dealing with them - the rest are left for dead in their wake.

Oanda.JPG.663439e13d0eb5c54fed0e0fbb07366b.JPG

MT4.JPG.2965651d36462635651aad035f68524f.JPG

Final results for May Contest:

<a href=http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/1516/531.png' alt='531.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Congratulations to Optiontimer !!

There have been no additional entries for the June contest other than Optiontimer and myself, so, I guess there is no interest.

There have been no additional entries for the June contest other than Optiontimer and myself, so, I guess there is no interest.

I registered about 24 hrs ago.

I'll have to check and maybe re-register if it hasn't been picked up.

So are we on for June, or is the contest defunct?

I just closed trade number 1 for June regardless.

I registered on 30th May, but missed the cut somehow Optiontimer, and MysticForex has resigned I think - so that only leaves you unfortunately.

Congrats though on a great win in May, mate - almost 50% a/c increase in 30 days ... well done.

I registered on 30th May, but missed the cut somehow Optiontimer, and MysticForex has resigned I think - so that only leaves you unfortunately.

Congrats though on a great win in May, mate - almost 50% a/c increase in 30 days ... well done.

Resigned? From the thread? From the contest? I don't understand.

Resigned? From the thread? From the contest? I don't understand.

Hi Optiontimer

On the registration form I think there is a place where trading contestants have an option to resign from the competition. I saw this previously, but can not find it today.

In any case there were two contestants (Mysticforex and Optiontimer) validated on 30th May, and now there is only one (you) according to the Oanda contest information site.

https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=listContests

https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/fxcontest/fxcontest.pl?rm=contestDetails&contestId=1855

I am 100% certain Mysticforex would not resign from either the forum or the thread - but I think he may have removed his name from the comp by simply checking the "Resign" box in the results section or wherever it is.

Look, I am disappointed I missed the entry time - but these things happen. So instead of just waiting out the month uselesly, why don't we continue with something worthwhile?

I know you are trading very well, and wonder if you would post your trades here (without giving away your methodology). You can still do the Oanda trading as a record and as a discipline for yourself - your choice, but I think there may be other traders who would like to post trades here for the month too.

I would be interested to see just how much you could grow an account - I notice you are already ahead by 29% and we are only 2 days into the comp.

That's incredible.

I will also post my trades here (with charts to verify or clip2net links for brevity). It is no big deal for me to win or lose - I am simply interested in the experience, and having a goal of sorts is good for our trading.

Thoughts?

Anyone else wanna show their trades for a month?

5aa7107e7992b_ContestJune.JPG.98c37ae9862a061ebf7b91d32bb15ac7.JPG

5aa7107e80756_TradingContest.JPG.77f0a1a6fec5a46bd4a0e8bf7f691508.JPG

This contest is no longer open?

Just for this month CC. Not enough participants this time. We need to be registered a few days before the end of the month - I recommend a week - to ensure our entry is validated.

So OptionTimer has kindly offered to help us build and operate a strategy and trading plan in this time, so that we can all benefit from his knowledge. That is kind of why the other thread is being developed.

Not looking good for next month either - Mysticforex is MIA since 6/1/2011. He's either on vacation or he is no longer interested in traderslaboratory.com

Maybe MadMarketaScientist could sett up an Oanda contest for July.

I just closed my second Oanda trade for June - it should show up in the results tonight.