Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hello all! Just wanted to take a quick moment to say hi!

I am new to this website and hopefully I can contribute for the good of the cause.

I am an emini trader "little guy" who found out what "works" for me while trading the NQ and ES. Those are the only contracts that I specialize in trading. So many stories and such a long road to get to this point, but I am very proud that I have made it through my first two full years of emini trading.

I have an educational emini website up and almost fully running. This site will hopefully assist those of you who are new or who feel confused while trading the eminis. Like I have mentioned to others before..."I wish somebody would have shown me how to do this, or mention why I should not have done that". I just want to share my experiences to others.

(Moderator: Sorry, had to remove promotional URL's)

Thanks!

Keith

Welcome Keith,

I also trade the NQ and the TF some along with mostly the Energy markets like CL, NG and then throw in GC. Share some of your thoughts on the NQ and heck, I am not a fan of the ES, but never too old to learn.

BW

Thanks for the reply.....My own personal thoughts on trading the NQ, versus the ES or YM are to first note that, as we all know, they all just move a bit different.

I never traded the NQ until about 6 months ago. I became turned on to it because of the great fills and the good liquidity. I like to think of the NQ as a combination between the ES and YM. I just trade the NQ like I trade the YM or ES, meaning that I use the same technical indicator and the same trade setup parameters. I just wait for the opportunity to appear.

I find also that I like volume charts for the NQ better than time or tick. Price and volume are, in my opinion, about the most important variables that I need to be concerned with, technically.

Besides that, intra day trade rates are great for NQ and I just like the way it flows. It is different though (versus YM or ES), but as stated before, flows very nicely, in my opinion.

Your thoughts?

K1

I have been actively trading for about 10 years and over the past year have transitioned from stocks/options to futures. So far have just traded ES and have done all the right things of reading, practicing/paper trading, etc. Realize the need for more structure in my training as the need for precision and unique knowledge of this arena is more demanding than anticipated. Any suggestions? Would be open to a formal training program, but leary of all the scams out there.