Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TraderBG

Questions

Hi, I’m interested in giving OEC a try. I have a few questions from those of you who already use it. These would be my minimum requirements before even considering a trial of the platform:

1. Does the platform support range bar charts and sub-minute charts (10 second, 30 second etc)?

2. Does their data provide $Tick and $TickQ?

3. Is it possible to overlay one instrument over another?

4. How much historical Daily data is available?

I think I read in the wishlist thread that internals are not available but perhaps this has changed?

Thanks for any help

Hi, I’m interested in giving OEC a try. I have a few questions from those of you who already use it. These would be my minimum requirements before even considering a trial of the platform:

1. Does the platform support range bar charts and sub-minute charts (10 second, 30 second etc)?

2. Does their data provide $Tick and $TickQ?

3. Is it possible to overlay one instrument over another?

4. How much historical Daily data is available?

I think I read in the wishlist thread that internals are not available but perhaps this has changed?

Thanks for any help

1) Range = yes / sub-minute - yes, I have a 5 sec ES up chart currently.

2) No.

3) Yes - I have a ZN on top of an ES chart.

4) Daily has gotten better recently as I can pull up daily charts now, which was not possible in the past.

Sorry that it looks like OEC won't meet your min requirements. Keep in mind you can take their data (which is free and there's a ton of live data available) and plug into MultiCharts and I think a few other charting platforms. Could save some data fee costs that way.

ZN and ES on same chart:

attachment.php?attachmentid=14238&stc=1&d=1255468848

5 Second ES Chart

attachment.php?attachmentid=14239&stc=1&d=1255468848

Daily ES Chart

attachment.php?attachmentid=14240&stc=1&d=1255468944

tl1.png.e1f4a06a4f930ae8f91f40aa4b2147f3.png

tl2.png.c8da33c81c768c97e54ad7d5dfc42ad7.png

tl3.png.46b175023bfd67f1cd3dbb46bd29839f.png

Thanks for the reply BF. I guess the lack of market internals really isn't a big enough concern to completely rule out OEC. Internals really are not all that important in my trading. I do, however, wish OEC had more historical data, but perhaps this platform in conjunction with Sierra Chart, or the other software you mentioned, could get the job done. I think it's worth a trial run at least. Free data is mighty enticing.

Thanks

the platform is built on modern C#.net --- I have done EasyLanguage indicators that require significant 'looping' -- I have found some cases where the exact same copy/pasted EL code runs fine on OEC and blows up tradestation. I am not a coding expert so I don't write the best code but I think this is interesting nonetheless.

OEC announced with last software upgrade that this was very major upgrade as they are gearing up to do equities (incld internals). I think its great -- though I think Tradesation is a good value too for historical data and internals and watching ETFs & particular stocks -- I just do the minimum trades at Tradestation and do everything else through OEC.