Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TwosComplement

2 Trades for Next Week

The following stocks should have minimal risks to purchase ahead of earnings reports next week. The stocks should be purchased before the market closes on the previous trading day and sold after the market opens the next trading day.

SMTS: Open position before the market close June 16, 2009 and close position after the market opens June 17, 2009.

SJM: Open position before the market close June 17, 2009 and close position after the market opens June 18, 2009.

The following stocks should have minimal risks to purchase ahead of earnings reports next week. The stocks should be purchased before the market closes on the previous trading day and sold after the market opens the next trading day.

SMTS: Open position before the market close June 16, 2009 and close position after the market opens June 17, 2009.

SJM: Open position before the market close June 17, 2009 and close position after the market opens June 18, 2009.

Why? Because you say so, or is there some kind of reasoning behind it?

You expect people to make trades based on your recommendation when you refuse to provide a reason for doing so? Sounds like a plan! If your "reliable" market forecasts are any indication, I'm sure this recommendation of yours will make me loads of money!

I recommend that you just monitor the results. Of course there is reasoning behind my analysis. At this time, I am not planning to provide training on downside risk analysis.

What is the real purpose of your "recommendation" then if this is not meant to be of any help to anyone?

And what exactly do you mean by "minimal risk"? I mean, you're not going to provide training on "downside risk analysis"? Would you even be qualified to do so?

This isn't a stock recommendation board where people are constantly asking "is this a good stock?" It's a trading board, and if you did provide training on "downside risk analysis", it would be much more valuable than simply telling us to blindly go long on two stocks that you say will have "minimal risk". If you actually knew anything about risk, you would know that it can be quite dangerous to enter any position without defined risk. And defining risk as "minimal" is really not a definition at all.

Here's an idea for your next trade: Instead of making a trade, wire all your money to my account. PM me for details. Don't worry, the risk to you is "minimal". You'll lose all the money in your account, but the risk is nonetheless "minimal". Really, don't worry, your money will be safe with me.

Edited by diablo272

As previously stated, I recommend that you just monitor the results.

Your comments are not respectful. I might be inclined to provide you with more information if you were not so disrespectful in tone and comment. You might benefit from reading the forum rules. Consider how ”Why? Because you say so, or is there some kind of reasoning behind it?” could just as easily have been ‘What is your reasoning behind this?’ This forum works because of the opinions and thoughts of all members.

Be considerate of others.

You said in your original post that the two stocks should be BOUGHT, you said nothing about only monitoring them. What you have said in your above post goes both ways...

I recommend that you just monitor the results. Of course there is reasoning behind my analysis. At this time, I am not planning to provide training on downside risk analysis.

This post is not exactly respectful in tone or comment either. If you recommend that people make a trade based on your recommendation, you should expect that those people will want reasons for your recommendation. If you are unwilling to give any reason, I'm not sure why you would expect anyone to give you any credit. To be blunt, I have no reason to respect you when you come off as a salesman who offers nothing of worth to anyone, and then proceeds to complain because no one respects you.

Consider how ”Why? Because you say so, or is there some kind of reasoning behind it?” could just as easily have been ‘What is your reasoning behind this?’ This forum works because of the opinions and thoughts of all members.

Given the amount of foresight it would have taken to include your reasoning in your first post, I'm not sure why you failed to do so. Forgive me for being abrasive. I have nothing against you, only against your actions.

Edited by diablo272

As previously stated, I recommend that you just monitor the results.

I don't see anything about monitoring in your opening post.

Your comments are not respectful. I might be inclined to provide you with more information if you were not so disrespectful in tone and comment. You might benefit from reading the forum rules. Consider how ”Why? Because you say so, or is there some kind of reasoning behind it?” could just as easily have been ‘What is your reasoning behind this?’ This forum works because of the opinions and thoughts of all members.

Be considerate of others.

Based on your previous "reliable forecast" thread, which turned out to be very unreliable and of very little value when analysed, you should expect to be questioned on your reasoning when you give recommendations as you don't have a very flattering track record on here.

I am inclined to think you are just here to eventually promote some kind of paying service. As I have asked before, what is your real purpose for posting these recommendations since you are obviously not doing it to be helpful in any way?

Hi Twoscomplement,

If I may, I believe that the response your original post has elicited from our friends has to do with the fact that such recommendations, in a forum of this sort, absent any accompanying thought, reason, or rational behind them smacks of mercenary motives. In other words, your post immediately begs the question, "what's he selling?"

You see, your original post contains no thought that might provoke further thought in the minds of your readers, there is no spark that may kindle the imagination of the student of trading. This is not to say that a great deal of thought may not have gone into your discovery of these opportunities. It is just to say that any evidence of such thought has been intentionally withheld by you from pupils such as I.

And apart from your opinion that these trades will prove profitable, there are no other stated opinions from you concerning these recommendations for us to discuss and debate.

I agree with your admonishment that we all ought to respect the other forum participants. We human beings are thoughtful, interesting, and wonderful creatures. And the least among us deserves the maximum respect for his or her humanity as humanity may muster.

However, do you not allow that you yourself have perhaps shown a grave lack of respect toward your would-be readers by failing to provide anything thoughtful, interesting, and wonderful in your original post? Can you not see that rather than inciting your reader's intelligence to thought, you ignore the reader's intelligence completely?

If I have mistaken your motives, then I apologize in advance. If I have mistaken your motives, then please continue your thread by sharing with us the bases of the above referenced trade recommendations.

If I am not mistaken in your motives, then it is you who owe apologies.

Whichever the case, I wish you well.

Best Wishes,

Thales