Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

leontancfa

Charting Soft That Can Freeze the Vertical Scale?

Hi. I'm now using NinjaTrader for trading futures. The analysis I do only makes sense in particular vertical scale, but NT keeps changing the scale autoly as the price moves up and down...

So I'm wondering if there is a charting soft that can freeze the vertical scale? it would be the best if it can submit orders directly to brokers like NT.

You can re scale NT price axis by left click and drag in the price area of the chart. It is pretty limited in scaling options though.

It's interesting if you used fix scale you get a much better feel for how price is moving. Your perspective isn't constantly changing as the chart rescales. Momentum indicators become pretty much redundant for example as the length of bars clearly shows momentum/pace.

I'd like to see a charting package that offers fixed scale and fills from left to right so it would be just like filling a sheet of graph paper. This adds another dimension of seeing exactly where you are in time by how much of the page is filled.

There are some clear advantages to hand charting that have needlessly been lost in charting packages.

I find that it helps if you set the horizontal grid line spacing to something known (e.g. your default initial stop size). This then gives you a more in your face visual clue that price is moving when you see the grid lines bunching up.

I think Sierra charts and/or Ensign allows you to fix the virtical scale.

Edited by TradeRunner