Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Yakalfer

Software to Screen Forex Market

Hi,

I am looking for a software solution to scan the forex market based on configurable conditions ... Ex: combination of moving averages, MACD, etc. ...

What is the best solution ?

I believe that TS did that, but perhaps there is a better choice?

Thanks in advance !

I believe MetaTrader 4 is a popular FX platform that would do what you want. Ninja could also do it. I'm not sure, but I would guess that Multicharts could too, and so could many many other popular platforms.

http://www.metatrader4.com/

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/index.htm

http://www.tssupport.com/multicharts/

Platform reviews at ET: http://www.elitetrader.com/so/

I use Metatrader for graphics, but it seems to me that MT4 doesn't automatically scan all the forex pairs in all the time units..??...

I know that TS offers this feature, but I'd like to know if there is an alternative choice...

As I mentioned, NinjaTrader will do that for you, unless I'm misunderstanding your question. I don't know if it's a better option than TS though, since I've never used TS before. Ninja is free though if you just want to use it for charting, so you should check it out.

And are you sure MT4 won't do what you want? I thought it could...but maybe I don't understand what you're asking.

I'm looking for a software solution like : Real Time Market Scanner, Price Scan, Scanning Software

But for forex market...

I'd like to get real-time all trading opportunities identified on different time frames and different currency pairs, depending on parameters such as intersection of averages, MACD levels, etc ..

And I don't know if ninja trader can do that ???

Could you confirm ??

Ninja does have a feature similar to that, but I'm not sure if it will do exactly the same thing and work in exactly the same way. It is free though, so you can check it out for yourself.

ok, thank you for this answer !

It looks like corresponding to my needs.

I was hoping to find a solution that can be fully tested without needing to open an account ... (eg Metatrader).

But if I open an account, then what are the points that should make me choose NinjaTrader rather than MultiCharts ..??..

But if I open an account, then what are the points that should make me choose NinjaTrader rather than MultiCharts ..??..

You should look which one meet your requirements the closest.

In order to trade you do need data, but you can't get a data feed through Ninja. I linked to a page on the Ninja website that listed compatible data feeds, so you should check that out.

You will need to open a demo account with one of the brokers to get data. As far as I know MBT (the only one to offer spot FX) don't offer NT demo accounts. Interactive Brokers might do you too as they offer spot FX too.

Mind you I wasn't aware NT has a decent scanner (not having a requirement for one). Shows how much I know! Looks like there market analyser will do the job for you if you can get the data.

Thanks BlowFish for these information !

I have check the market analyser and I confirm that it's exactly what I need.

I do not know if it is possible to open a demo account with IB, but I still have not found ...