Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Trader P/L 2009

Ok, sim trading again today, 21 trades all 2 ym contracts. 4 losers, 6 at or near even and 8 winners for a phoney baloney profit of $535. I was up another $200 but I got stopped out during that big sell off at the close. Anyways see you tomorrow.

Hi there, I'm new to the forum. I notice you have to post a lot to get full access. So here is a little YM trade from today. Took 5 and 20 points from it. It was a good start to a slow and choppy day. The Ma's are Jurik.

5aa70ee573c47_377tickentry09-06-11.thumb.jpg.f453faa30e96d438e9c480d2b79be35d.jpg

Had a bad start on a stupid mistake went short instead of long cost me $450. I need to pay more attention when entering orders. Anyway ended pretty well with +300 after commissions.

612.thumb.jpg.6fc1382361df5d197ea79ce363a59715.jpg

Been a busy week - after trading I have been getting ready to play in some semi-finals poker tourneys this week. I play in a league that is sponsored by local bars and this week is our semi-finals, and Sat is the final table. Good news is that I did qualify for the final table on Sat w/ the top 3 prizes being seats to a WSOP event (not main event, the smaller ones). So wish me luck on Sat as I will be playing for one of those 3 seats. There should be about 20 of us in the finals, so the odds aren't terrible.

But here's how my week of trading has looked:

6-9-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11314&stc=1&d=1244783734

Blah day - a lot of work to have a small loss on the day.

6-10-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11315&stc=1&d=1244783734

Again, nothing special but 2 smaller bond trades. I must have been in a hurry to get that screenshot since I cut the date part off. Oh well.

6-11-09

attachment.php?attachmentid=11313&stc=1&d=1244783734

Today was fun on the ES b/c I hammered it 3 times (2 ct's each time) all around the same level. I bought, price moved up a touch and then pulled back to my buying zone and I bought again. It did it again and I bought again. A total of 3 buys there, but there was at least 1-2 more but I didn't add-on after 3. Adding on 3 is rare for me, but it just screamed get long b/c I am taking a little breather before going long again. In hindsight, I could have been long there up to 10 contracts if I wanted to push it. And the worst part is that I exited too soon. I was long, enjoying the push up when it happened and then it gave a quick little retracement and off to the flatten button I went... Of course it was a very brief pause before resuming the upmove and right to my profit target. That's part of trading heavier than normal - your emotions can take over easily.

6-11-2009.png.8aa56810b3385c6c550fccb488671a42.png

6-9-2009.png.e908b5c4774e4919ee7eee9f18a11b85.png

6-10-2009.png.1e13868b2961b75a4d51fd7a3344e98d.png

Friday trades

6E 13 contracts +337.53

ES 123 contracts +987.50

DAX 30 contracts +738.55

CL 10 contracts +400.00

P/L on day +$2,463.58

usually only trade es

Edited by bathrobe

Shorted 140 more ES at various prices.

Total ES trades for day: 263 contracts, +$3,150

+4,626 for Friday.

Now all I need to do is duplicate this day in and day out.

Up near the top left of the screen under the TL logo, roll your mouse over the button between the house on the far left and where it says forum, go to user cp, then edit avatar and you can upload one from your computer.

Ok, still with the sim. 15- 2 contract ym trades. 7 winners, 2 losers, 5 at or near even for a phoney baloney profit if $695.

Outstanding Bathrobe, How many contracts were you trading at a time on your ES trades.

Shorted 140 more ES at various prices.

Total ES trades for day: 263 contracts, +$3,150

+4,626 for Friday.

Now all I need to do is duplicate this day in and day out.

Ok, ok ... now you're just showing off!

Ok, still with the sim. 15- 2 contract ym trades. 7 winners, 2 losers, 5 at or near even for a phoney baloney profit if $695.

Outstanding Bathrobe, How many contracts were you trading at a time on your ES trades.

Not all trades were of the same size, they were all scale ins at different prices, usually 10 to 50. Not all my orders get filled though.

50 contracts..... holy shit..... This is my vision..... this is my dream..... get consistent making small points everyday and then slowly ramp up the number of contracts. You don't need a lot of points to make a lot of money with 50 contracts. Out freaking standing..... But I said slowly.... slowly.... Did you find a huge increase in the emotional component when you pushed the button on 50 as compared to 2 or 3... I imagine you did....

Takes a sizable account though... Would be a nasty stop out.... But Kudos......

I'm supprised you can walk with kohonas that large..... lol lol

Thanks for sharing.... Out freaking standing....

50 contracts..... holy shit..... This is my vision..... this is my dream..... get consistent making small points everyday and then slowly ramp up the number of contracts. You don't need a lot of points to make a lot of money with 50 contracts. Out freaking standing..... But I said slowly.... slowly.... Did you find a huge increase in the emotional component when you pushed the button on 50 as compared to 2 or 3... I imagine you did....

Takes a sizable account though... Would be a nasty stop out.... But Kudos......

I'm supprised you can walk with kohonas that large..... lol lol

Thanks for sharing.... Out freaking standing....

The emotional component is very hard to deal with when one point can equal 5k or more. Something that helps is viewing trading like a business. Losses are part of trading; this is harder than it sounds though.

Bathrobe, when you say 'all my trades don't get filled'. Did you mean that price never hit your limit entry or that you only get partial fills on a 50 for example. I assumed that might happen on the YM with such a high number, but I thought the ES could handle that size no problem, and does it only affect entries, how about exits. I also imagine you might get filled at several different prices depending on the size of your order. What was you experience.

Thought I would post this as it might then sink into my thick skull. Why oh why did I take that first trade (Red Arrow). Went long after only a 23.6 retrace and only 3 ticks from a floor trader pivot level. DUMB. But more importantly, why did I not take the next trade (white Arrow) ? A healthy retrace and sufficient room to get off my first target before hitting resistence.

Hopefully putting this down in black and white might help.

5aa70ee64dbec_EC09-06-12.thumb.jpg.78e4f55728e0126fd79d7eb2e40ad2a6.jpg

Bathrobe, when you say 'all my trades don't get filled'. Did you mean that price never hit your limit entry or that you only get partial fills on a 50 for example. I assumed that might happen on the YM with such a high number, but I thought the ES could handle that size no problem, and does it only affect entries, how about exits. I also imagine you might get filled at several different prices depending on the size of your order. What was you experience.

Robert, I only place limit entries and I didn't get filled fully when price would trade my price but not through it, just a matter of fifo I guess. When the ES trades through they get filled instantly though. Same thing with exits.

Robert, I only place limit entries and I didn't get filled fully when price would trade my price but not through it, just a matter of fifo I guess. When the ES trades through they get filled instantly though. Same thing with exits.

How far in advance are you placing your orders for them to be partially filled when price doesn't trade through your entry/exit? I only have limited experience trading ES, though I am planning on switching from YM to ES sometime in the future. This topic interests me because often on the YM you can get filled when price doesn't trade through because the BxA is often actually spread by 1 point. Thanks.