Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Nick1984

Liberals out of government. Enter the Labor party.

As on 10:45pm on Saturday night (24/11/2007), our Prime Minister of 11.5 years, John Howard became the second PM in our history to not only loose office but to also loose his seat at parliament. The Labor party won in a huge landslide swing of 6% to take over government of Australia.

Some of the key policies that are going to be worked on straight away by PM Elect, Kevin Rudd, will be the ratification of Kyoto, and the dismantiling of Australia's controversial WorkChoices laws which effectively put all employees on individual agreements with their employers therefore bypassing collective bargaining through unions.

http://www.kevin07.com.au/

While there was not much of a fundamental difference in policy between the two major parties, I personally reckon that not much will change here except that now our country is being led by a fella who looks like a geek.

With the Labor party in the UK in power, and leftist governments being installed in many EU countries (except France who must always buck the trend!) it seems like the global concensus is for a bit more socially aware governments in office.

What does this spell for the upcoming US elections next year? In my humble oppinion I can see a Democrat victory coming up, even though I'd like to see Ron Paul get up there myself hehe.

Some of the key policies that are going to be worked on straight away by PM Elect, Kevin Rudd, will be the ratification of Kyoto, and the dismantiling of Australia's controversial WorkChoices laws which effectively put all employees on individual agreements with their employers therefore bypassing collective bargaining through unions.

While there was not much of a fundamental difference in policy between the two major parties ...

Ha ha ha ha ha (insert more maniacal laughter)

I wonder if you still think the same, Nick1984?

5aa71082a643c_Kevin-and-JuliaShow.JPG.080e6ec086cde48ad4e65fcac9003930.JPG