Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mister ed

Ensign / InvestorR/T feedback?

Hello,

I have been researching both Ensign and InvestorR/T with a view to subscribe

to one or the other. I am specifically interested in the Volume Delta

capabilities of each, for use on the stock index eminis.

From my research it appears that InvestorR/T is well advanced with the

presentation of the Volume Delta, with options to chart it in various ways,

on time-bars, tick-bars etc. Also from my research, though, it appears

InvestorR/T works very well with Apple Macs but does not seem stable/reliable

with Windows PCs. I am in the PC camp, and wonder if

there are any PC users with InvestorR/T using real time data and analysis

that can provide feedback on how the platform performs?

On the other hand, Ensign has the reliability and stability but it appears

their Volume Delta studies are more limited, and such studies need to be

designed by users using Ensign's "Design Your Own" tools? Any feedback

from Ensign users on the Volume Delta tools in that software would

be appreciated.

Thanks !

I use IRT, albeit on a Mac, so I can't vouch for any PC issues. I know there are many more PC users of IRT than Mac users and the support you get from the folks at IRT is really second to none.

Just my 2 cents

IRT worked fine on my PC, and I have Vista, to boot.

Ensign is pretty sharp though...Bugs from time to time, but very proactive techs and developers....same with Linnsoft..Both are very impressive.

Guest Fulcrum

I highly recommend Investor RT and the Volume Breakdown indicator capabilities.....top notch and ahead of the pack imo for this type of charting options. I am just about to start playing with the back testing and optimizing features with Investor RT, as 80% of my trading is all "automated" and I am about to finalize another system for automation.

Guest Fulcrum

Forgot to mention..this is one of the features I am going to give a shot at and see how it works for "automated" trading........

http://www.linnsoft.com/new/#Miscellaneous_8.8.x_Fixes_and_Improvements

Version 8.8.5 was updated for capability with NinjaTrader Version 6. The Order Desk Preferences window now has a check box for enabling NinjaTrader. By default the NinjaTrader check box is unchecked. Users who use to execute Investor/RT Trading Orders with NinjaTrader destination must check this box to enable NinjaTrader. When Investor/RT starts up it will only attempt to establish linkage with NinjaTrader if this user preference is on. If the preference is on at startup, Investor/RT does a second check to see if there is a file named "NoNinjaTrader.txt" in the admin directory. If this file is found, the NinjaTrader user preference will be turned off and NinjaTrader trading orders will be disabled.

am new here, but thought i'd add that i am interested in ensign. initially i found them while doing a search on market profile, but their newsletter and charting abilities are impressive. i am a relative neophyte, and am still trying to figure out what to trade and how to trade it. while i am open to anything, my mind is seeking limits, probably in the way of a solid system or program. any suggestions are welcome.

I am messing around with Ensign again, and have to say I really appreciate the effort they put into being proactive with upgrades and being responsive requests from customers...In all fairness IRT does the same.

Decision made.

Thanks everyone for their replies.

Both Ensign and IR/T do the job I want, and like Reaver said the support, upgrades, responsiveness from BOTH is just OUTSTANDING. Deciding between the two was almost down to the toss of a coin; I went with IR/T.

Gone are the days when making a decision like this was an expensive one to get wrong, spending $1000 or whatever on a charting package, each of these are about $US40 a month for what I want (plus the gouge from the data supplier of course - wounded bulls aint in it). If, for some reason I want to change over to another charting package the process is painless and $ cost-free.