Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

Multi Monitor Software

Hey everyone. I wasn't sure where to place this topic, so please forgive me if it is in the wrong area. This thread is about Multi Monitor Software. Currently I use this software: http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

It is freeware, very stable, and works with up to 3 monitors. Basically what it does is give the option to have a taskbar on each additional monitor. So lets say you move a window to monitor 2...then the taskbar window information will also move from the main taskbar to monitor 2's taskbar. On the MultiMon taskbar there is also a clock, and also a drop down menue that is really a clipboard of the things you have cut and pasted, so you can easily go back and reselect an earlier cut or copy. And what I like most about this software is that it places a button on the top right corner of the open windows, and if you click it the window will automatically move to and open in the other monitor. I don't know how that button would work with 3 monitors though since I only have 2 monitors.

Anyways, hope this is useful information.

Hey everyone. I wasn't sure where to place this topic, so please forgive me if it is in the wrong area. This thread is about Multi Monitor Software. Currently I use this software: http://www.mediachance.com/free/multimon.htm

It is freeware, very stable, and works with up to 3 monitors. Basically what it does is give the option to have a taskbar on each additional monitor. So lets say you move a window to monitor 2...then the taskbar window information will also move from the main taskbar to monitor 2's taskbar. On the MultiMon taskbar there is also a clock, and also a drop down menue that is really a clipboard of the things you have cut and pasted, so you can easily go back and reselect an earlier cut or copy. And what I like most about this software is that it places a button on the top right corner of the open windows, and if you click it the window will automatically move to and open in the other monitor. I don't know how that button would work with 3 monitors though since I only have 2 monitors.

Anyways, hope this is useful information.

What kind of video card you have on your pc to connect more than one monitor ? thanks Walter.

What kind of video card you have on your pc to connect more than one monitor ? thanks Walter.

Hi Walter. I have a ATI Radeon 9550 i believe. 256MB. It has two monitor slots, one for DVI and one for VGA. But since I have 2 VGAs I attached at DVI to VGA converter to the DVI.

I purchased this video card on EBAY as a 512MB card from someone that was in Dallas. When I got the box I noticed a 512MB sticker on top of the 256MB box, so I got suspicious. But when I plugged it in it said 512MB so I didn't think about it too much. Later when I had to reinstall my operating system I noticed that it read 256MB. Turned out that there is a trick to overclock the 256MB and that's probably what that seller did. But it's not worth it now to go after the seller.