Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

steph

Greetings

Hiya Fellas,

I'm not really new here but haven't posted before, but would like to start participating. My background - been trading for about 5 years, but not very well and have not placed a real trade in 6 months (only paper trading). I've read everything about trading, and I know everything about Gann, Elliot, Fibs, VSA, indicators, money management, position size, but there is one thing I don't know - how to make money. :D

Hopefully all you pros here can shed some light on my charts and such.

Welcome steph.

My suggestion - keep it simple.

Heard of information overload? I'm sure you got it right now. Find one simple trading methodology that you like and trade it. Give it a chance to work before jumping ship.

Give it a chance to work before jumping ship.

Exactly. The bane of my existence right there...jumping ship early to find something else.

Welcome Steph!! Look forward to seeing charts and helping as we can :)

Hi Steph,

You may have already recognised something important (sounds like you are well on the way). That is that succesful trading has little to do with depth of technical knowledge. Of course some basics are handy but that is not the key factor.

Steph-

Didn't your mama ever tell you that nice girls don't hang out with stock traders?;)

Buck

Umm, actually I'm male (Stephin). But it's an understandable mistake (Stephanie?). LOL.

Guest cooter
My mistake. In this part of the world, "Steph" is a feminine nickname.

Buck

Considering that "he" is in California, "Steph" ought to know that too. ;)

Especially when starting the thread with ...

Hiya Fellas,

LOL

Considering that "he" is in California, "Steph" ought to know that too. ;)

I know, my bad. But in my defense, I almost never post on forums, so I really didn’t care what my username was, it was only for logging on the system. Great, now all the lonely and desperate traders will flirt with me. LOL

Especially when starting the thread with ...

LOL

Hey, what was I supposed to say, “Hiya ladies� LOL ;)