Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

abcplot

EOD Trading Currency Futures

Hello

Based on my tradingplan I do all my trades outside of regular trading hours, orders should be executed at the market's opening session.

I don't see any issues with that on commodities but I see some potential problems with currency futures. Maybe this is just all caused by my limited knowledge at this point, would really appreciate if you guys can help me to understand how to handle this.

As already mentioned I want to trade for example the US Dollar Index on EOD.

The US Dollar Index is traded on the ICE exchange and trading times are:

08:00PM-05:00PM (est). Daily settlement: 14:59-15:00 this is the time where the closing price will be created.

In case I want to place a market open order is there just a 3 hour window available?

Another issue I see with my data provider (csidata) according to their website they release the daily bar at 08:10 est, that means the market has already openend again.

Don't know maybe I miss here something. As mentioned would be really great if somebody experiencey could help me to understand this topic.

thanks in advance

abcplot

Hi,

Really nobody trades EOD currency futures?

Another example: How do you trade the Australian dollar (A6) on GLBX, market is open 23 hours from 05:00pm-04:00pm. How do you guys manage to have the daily bar available before the market opens again?

thanks

Globex is a hard place to trade for me because of lack of liquidity at times. I prefer the CME futures and the well defined New York session:

http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/fx/g10/euro-fx_contract_specifications.html

I trade EC and BP futures and spot using data from CSI and my forex broker. My analysis is consistent with the open the broker provides.Also see this In the forex market, how is the closing price of a currency pair determined?

I use an automated tool to build systems for the futures and forex data.