Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback,ย get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
TinGull

Transcript of feb2865's "Morning Breeze" setup

Welcome! You have entered [Trading Room] at 1:16 pm

[] 1:16 pm: ok..do me a favor and draw a line at the high and low of that bar and tell me the price in both

[TinGull] 1:16 pm: g'day folks

[] 1:17 pm: hello Tin

[] 1:17 pm: hey Tin, okay I have a high of 774.50 and a low of 770.40

[TinGull] 1:17 pm: you doing a seminar Raul?

[TinGull] 1:18 pm: ok

[Trading Room]: has left at 1:18 pm

[] 1:18 pm: I don't know if thIS is a seminar...I am telling Paul how I trade LOL

[TinGull] 1:19 pm: oh, yea...PM me the talk thus far if someone might :) Very interested

[] 1:19 pm: I am going to repeat again for your benefit Tin

[TinGull] 1:19 pm: THANKS raul :)

[] 1:19 pm: Copy and paste

[] 1:19 pm: I just sat down...just in time :)

[] 1:20 pm: market way too choppy for mio

[Trading Room]: guavaman has entered at 1:20 pm

[guavaman] 1:20 pm: market way too choppy for me

[guavaman] 1:21 pm: no follow thru

[TinGull] 1:21 pm: scalpers paradise

[] 1:21 pm: never mind.........go ahead and pull ER2 charts on 15 minutes (today) and locate the 9:30 AM candle......use candlesticks for a better view of the price....draw two horizontal lines at the high/low of that bar and write the price in a paper

[] 1:22 pm: This is not the holy grail and please notice that there's

always risk not only here but in everything that you do...there's always risk...ok?

[] 1:22 pm: gotcha boss

[] 1:22 pm: let me know when you're ready

[TinGull] 1:22 pm: yup

[] 1:22 pm: ready here

[] 1:23 pm: ok....tel me what happened next???/at the next candle......

[TinGull] 1:23 pm: we were inside the 9:30

[] 1:23 pm: yes inside candle

[] 1:24 pm: what happened to the market on the next candle

[] 1:24 pm: ???

[TinGull] 1:24 pm: down

[] 1:24 pm: breakdown

[] 1:24 pm: exactly

[] 1:25 pm: Im not done yet

[] 1:25 pm: brokedown through the low

[] 1:26 pm: lets go back to 11/07 2006 same candle

[] 1:26 pm: we will deal with 11/08 later

[TinGull] 1:27 pm: the 9:30 candle?

[] 1:27 pm: okay

[] 1:27 pm: test

[] 1:27 pm: yes

[TinGull] 1:27 pm: ok

[] 1:28 pm: what happened?

[] 1:28 pm: at the next candle?

[] 1:28 pm: not an inside candle...

[TinGull] 1:28 pm: once the next candle broke the top of that 930 candle, it soared

[] 1:28 pm: next candle broke high of 9:30

[] 1:29 pm: exactly Tin

[] 1:29 pm: exactly

[TinGull] 1:29 pm: which did't happen on 11/8

[] 1:30 pm: let's go back to 11/06...I'll let you know in a bit Tin...

[] 1:30 pm: okay

[TinGull] 1:30 pm: alirght

[] 1:31 pm: what do you see??

[TinGull] 1:31 pm: two candles, same size body, then thge trend is up

[TinGull] 1:31 pm: fairly close size body

[] 1:32 pm: next candle inside high/low

[TinGull] 1:32 pm: or...kind of a bullish engulfing candle

[] 1:32 pm: exactly

[TinGull] 1:32 pm: on the 6th?

[TinGull] 1:33 pm: exactly who? My 9:45 bar on the 6th has a wick that extends past the top of the 930

[] 1:33 pm: you're looking at the market form an floor eyes view

[] 1:33 pm: exactly

[] 1:33 pm: floor trader's eyes view I should say

[TinGull] 1:33 pm: so, you're looking at the first 2 candles, and making a move on the 3rd?

[Trading Room]: Bfbusa has entered at 1:34 pm

[] 1:34 pm: ok does i makes sense to you??

[TinGull] 1:34 pm: yea, seems just like a pivot move off of low/hi of a bar

[] 1:34 pm: starting to...

[TinGull] 1:34 pm: right?

[] 1:34 pm: I am looking ta the break of the last 15 min candle before the market opens

[] 1:35 pm: yes exactly...

[TinGull] 1:35 pm: break of the 9:15 bar>

[] 1:36 pm: are we making sense here????I am not done yet

[] 1:36 pm: yes

[TinGull] 1:36 pm: yea....makes great sense

[] 1:37 pm: ok sounds nice......floor trader are on the lookout to break this las bar/candle....always......they call it the"morning breeze" betas me...I don't know why but that's how the call it

[] 1:38 pm: test

[TinGull] 1:38 pm: and the "morning breeze" is the 9:15 bar?

[TinGull] 1:38 pm: or the 9:30?

[TinGull] 1:38 pm: I can see how it would work perfectly against the 9:15

[] 1:39 pm: ..we have to wait for 9:30

[] 1:39 pm: the last drop form overnigth

[TinGull] 1:39 pm: plus...you made your steak money at the open today

[] 1:39 pm: exactly....35 seconds trade

[guavaman] 1:39 pm: like i said no follow thru today

[TinGull] 1:39 pm: right, but you are watching the 9:15 bar close, and making a move off of that at 9:30

[TinGull] 1:39 pm: watch POC on YM right here

[] 1:40 pm: ok here's the trick

[TinGull] 1:40 pm: ok...so, I am correct in that you wait for the 9:15 to close, and then make a move in whichever direction it breaks, right?

[] 1:41 pm: test

[] 1:42 pm: you don't just put a trade rigth on...wait for the price to break and you must see speed....thats the so called "momentum"...if you're not watching how faste the market is wanting to break the price...then you could be caugth up in something like 11/08/2006........

[] 1:42 pm: this is a quick trade and you must be trigger ready

[TinGull] 1:43 pm: excellent

[] 1:43 pm: is not just the preice breaking the H/L is the speed......how hungry is the market for the breakout

[] 1:44 pm: let's see 11/08 2006

[] 1:44 pm: okay

[TinGull] 1:45 pm: alirght

[] 1:47 pm: test

[] 1:47 pm: I am sorry guys is not 11/08 I know there's a day in Oct that the market didin't break the overnigth on the next candle but the candle @9:50 I gues...I can't find it

[TinGull] 1:47 pm: its all good. I'm sure it happens sometimes.

[] 1:47 pm: well anyway....the key here is to wait for that preice to break and go for the killing........not time for thinking

[TinGull] 1:48 pm: very interesting

[TinGull] 1:48 pm: morning breeze

[] 1:48 pm: practice that...for a while and let me know.....When I was a pit trader most of my trades were done before 10:00 AM

[] 1:48 pm: there's no difference here

[TinGull] 1:49 pm: except you get to grill out right after you make the trade ;)

[TinGull] 1:49 pm: and sip some vino

[] 1:49 pm: LOL

[] 1:49 pm: oh yea absolutely

[TinGull] 1:49 pm: or did they do that on the floor?

[TinGull] 1:49 pm: haha

[] 1:49 pm: lol

[TinGull] 1:50 pm: 15 points off the POC pivot on YM

[] 1:50 pm: so could you give an example of what your thinking as each bar forms? using today

[TinGull] 1:50 pm: YM has been wicked with pivots today

[] 1:50 pm: ?

[] 1:51 pm: so it's up to you guys...if you want to trade all your life tryng to fade the moves.......and suffer...be my guest....I assure you if you master this strategy........your perspective form trading will change

[] 1:51 pm: forever

[TinGull] 1:52 pm: Im game

[TinGull] 1:52 pm: thanks for the tips, Raul

[] 1:52 pm: Thank you feb!

[] 1:52 pm: wow - more amazing stuff - thanksRAul

[] 1:52 pm: thanks floortrader

[] 1:52 pm: ty raul

[TinGull] 1:52 pm: Raul, quick Q

[TinGull] 1:52 pm: do you have a stop in place at all?

[TinGull] 1:52 pm: say, on the YM, alot of times it dips way down and then pops up hard

[] 1:52 pm: well....remember ..speed is the key...if you don't see enough juice better to wait for the next bar....aventually the price will be break

[] 1:53 pm: eventually*

[TinGull] 1:53 pm: or do you do this exclusively on ER2?

[guavaman] 1:53 pm: :)

[] 1:54 pm: well I should say that ER2 has the perfect moves for this...but all indices are heavely influenced byt the floor via cross trading

[] 1:54 pm: I am typing too fast LOL

[TinGull] 1:55 pm: yea, ER2 has the biggest bang for the buck anyhow

[] 1:56 pm: well back test this strategy all you want...make sure you grab the concept...and no I don't use stop-loss whne I am trading like this

[] 1:56 pm: test

[TinGull] 1:57 pm: nice

[] 1:57 pm: so what risk reward setup is typical with this setup feb?

[] 1:57 pm: okay i just read above about stop loss

[TinGull] 1:57 pm: 1:1000

[] 1:58 pm: lol

[TinGull] 1:58 pm: :)

[guavaman] 1:58 pm: 87 is one tough nut there

[] 1:58 pm: if you dont use a stop there is no pre-defined risk (or pre-defined reward without a target, for that matter)

[] 1:58 pm: I shoot for 1 point (ER) of course I am loaded...25 contracts but that's me

[TinGull] 1:58 pm: you watching ES guava?

[] 1:58 pm: how much is the ER

[TinGull] 1:58 pm: 10 bucks a tick

[TinGull] 1:58 pm: 100 bucks a point per contract

[] 1:59 pm: 12.5 i thought

[TinGull] 1:59 pm: ES is

[] 1:59 pm: ahh

[TinGull] 1:59 pm: yea, ER2 is the best for big money, but bucks like a bronco

[TinGull] 1:59 pm: its real fast

[TinGull] 2:00 pm: compared to YM which is really a smooth contract to trade for me

[] 2:00 pm: maybe something for future then :)

[] 2:00 pm: lol

[] 2:00 pm: thats what I like ER2 but you can use any of them

[] 2:00 pm: wow, thanks alot feb i'm going to practice and get it just right, This avoids that chop that i always get myself into

[TinGull] 2:00 pm: very nice stuff

[TinGull] 2:01 pm: Nasdaq just wants to hang on.....

[TinGull] 2:01 pm: Thanks again Raul!

[feb2865] 2:19 pm: ok...remember this sounds exciting but as everything in life it requires practice and persistance....If you stick around I won't let anybody quit LOL

[TinGull] 2:19 pm: I only see up to where Raul said that at some point in october it went wrong, not the 8th

[MrPaul] 2:20 pm: lol, I'll be around