Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

alexfermoy

Interesting Trend Indicator ?

I thought this might be worthy of posting .

Just came across this site on Friday it seemed to catch the trend pretty good and it's free which is cool !!! http://binaryforecast.com/ it says on the site they are counting bots so I'm presuming it's monitoring program trading or something, it says it's real time as well.

Friday it seemed pretty good...everything is a help I guess?

Does anyone know anymore about the site or anything?

Interesting anyhow !

Hi Alex,

Thanks for advertising your site here.

What does the lower indicator calculate exactly and what is the meaning of the colored bars and why are there sometimes 2 bars in a bracket instead of 1?

I am in principle not into indicators but was curious about your site...

Regards,

k

Hi it's not my site came across when searching for trend indicators. I am presuming it is monitoring hfts/program trades after reading the bottom bit and it says it's counting bots so thats probably it.

It is fast though so i believe the claim that it's real time which initself may be useful.

Don't know about the bars to tell the truth as theres no explanation there but it was interesting the other day watching it to gauge the trend...the blues look like they are neutral..honestly as regards the two bars i don't know just think it's interesting.

its a pity theres not an email address to ask about it or explanation on the site .

Going to have a look at it on Monday again as just before the markets open and during it is probably the best time anyway.

Having just glanced at this site I have three observations:

1) The bots didn't seem to make much money on Friday: they were long falling markets as much as rising ones, and short rising markets as much as falling ones.

2) The bots (assuming the site's software effectively identifies their activity) are most likely doing something far more sophisticated than trading trends intraday (in fact they're probably engaged in stat arb and market-neutral approaches) - therefore there is little merit to identifying their activity as a measure of trend.

3) The website caused my browser to crash within a few seconds of loading.

BlueHorseshoe