Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

hanz

Amibroker

I use AmiBroker for charting, scanning, backtesting, and automated trading. I use other software also but AmiBroker is my favorite. I really like being able to backtest new trading ideas, making my own custom indicators and applying the winners to a trading system or automating them.

hanz,

If you are still tuned in, i have used amibroker since 2001. It really depends on your needs and interests, of course, but for me there is nothing better. And i don't even use the most popular capabilities of the program - the portfolio level backtesting capabilities. I am a position trader/trend follower and use it for visual analysis of price and volume with a few custom indicators - which i could not have designed using other programs that i know of. If you have programming skills, your options are endless with integration to scripting languages, user-defined data feeds, etc. And if you aren't a programmer (like me) there is a very active and helpful user group on yahoo where you can get answers to your questions, provided you have made an effort on your own to find an answer.

It's closest competitor in probably MetaStock, but it is much more versatile and powerful. The author of the progam (from Poland) is amazingly responsive to the user community and is very active in the discussion group. The price is also very attractive compared to charting/systems design software with lesser capabilities.

Hope this helps - SloMo

hanz,

If you are still tuned in, i have used amibroker since 2001. It really depends on your needs and interests, of course, but for me there is nothing better. And i don't even use the most popular capabilities of the program - the portfolio level backtesting capabilities. I am a position trader/trend follower and use it for visual analysis of price and volume with a few custom indicators - which i could not have designed using other programs that i know of. If you have programming skills, your options are endless with integration to scripting languages, user-defined data feeds, etc. And if you aren't a programmer (like me) there is a very active and helpful user group on yahoo where you can get answers to your questions, provided you have made an effort on your own to find an answer.

It's closest competitor in probably MetaStock, but it is much more versatile and powerful. The author of the progam (from Poland) is amazingly responsive to the user community and is very active in the discussion group. The price is also very attractive compared to charting/systems design software with lesser capabilities.

Hope this helps - SloMo

so what ur trying to say is the software is only good for day traders?

I swing trade and AB works fine.... It's mere charting software... It's fast and nimble....

I strategy trade with it... Thought the AT isnt "there" yet, but who cares, I can have 18 charts gong at once and the updates are PRECISE.... Doesnt burden the PC.....

Great software. I have toyed with a lot of pkgs... ended up looking at AB, Multicharts and Ninja Trader... I settled with AB....

I've been using it for awhile and like the charting package. If your a trader definitely get the professional version. You can do real time scans. If you have a programming background you probably like Amibroker very quickly.