Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Wyckoff Forum Welcome to the Wyckoff trading forum moderated by DbPhoenix and gassah.

Like Tree93Likes
Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 PM   #2225

Ignore this user

Re: Trading Software

Stockcharts.com doesn't give a true Wyckoff PnF chart. I'd be interested to here of those using software that does.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 PM   #2226

Ignore this user

What is the Best Way to Identify The Wyckoff Phases

what is the best way to identify The wyckoff phases ?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:45 PM   #2227

Ignore this user

Re: What is the Best Way to Identify The Wyckoff Phases

Have you read the original Wyckoff Course?

Last edited by DbPhoenix; 03-08-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #2228

Ignore this user

Anybody Currently Trading with Wyckoff Methods?

Hello everyone,

I have noticed that most of the work published in this blog (by DB et al) on wyckoff trading was published back in 2008-2009 and there has not been much activity over the last 2 years.

I am interested in the method but have a basic question; Is this methodlogy aplicable today, in 2012 and if so in which markets?

I have often read that the principles of supply/demand will always prevail but is this true, with all the automatic and algorythmic trading out there?

I am very interested in hearing from those of you who are currently trading using wyckoff methods.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #2229

Ignore this user

Re: Anybody Currently Trading with Wyckoff Methods?

I trade using Wyckoff principles in the forex market. These principles work as much today as they did 100 years ago. VSA which is a derivative method of trading is gaining popularity and has many successful practitioners.

As for markets - it works in all markets with sufficient liquidity which represents interest from the composite operator. Basically stay away from penny stocks and instruments which have been trending sideways for an extremely long time.
Old 04-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #2230

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by YertleTurtle »
I trade using Wyckoff principles in the forex market. These principles work as much today as they did 100 years ago.
I am not well familiar with " Wyckoff Methods". Please share more details about it. Which time frame, currency etc. work well in this trading method?
Old 04-14-2012, 03:31 PM   #2231

Ignore this user

Wyckoff taught a way of understanding imbalances in supply and demand which cause price to move up or down. These principles work in all time frames. Most Wyckoff traders I know look at multiple time frames and the timeframes one chooses has a lot to do with how much time you have to trade and whether you want to day trade, swing trade or position trade. Generally the smaller the time frame you use the more trading opportunities you will have but the smaller the moves.

I look at daily, 4 hour, 1 hour 15 minute and 5 minute time frames mostly. I focus mostly on the 1 hour and 5 minute time frames for setups whereas the other time frames are to look at the bigger picture or for additional confirmation. There aren't firm rules here.

As for the pairs that these techniques work best in, I chart 5 USD pairs, the AUD, EUR, YEN, GBP and CAD. Most of my trades are in AUD or EUR recently. These techniques should work on any non-exotic pair.

There are stickies in this forum if you want to read more about the Wyckoff method.
The Following User Says Thank You to YertleTurtle For This Useful Post:
gaelgss (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 06:18 AM   #2232

Ignore this user

Thanks YertleTurtle for your descriptive reply. It is really useful information for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
entries, esignal, pnf, strategy, technical analysis, trading plan, wyckoff

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: