Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

VSA Recommended Resources

I guess after Joel's presentation, I got a little more interested in the VSA thing. It appears that it could compliment my candlestick trading (at least at this point).

I was hoping our seasoned VSA'ers could post links to books, blogs, websites, etc. that deal with VSA. As someone looking in, VSA can be intimidating at first, so any resources would be welcomed.

Thanks!

I am also very interested in starting down the vsa path. It can be alot to look at. I currently use mp and candles in my trading...thanks for the input

Joel was kind enough to recommend these particular books to me via PM. I hope he doesn't mind if I post them here. (note - some of these appear out of print, so I just found any links I could to save everyone some time).

(It appears there's just different spellings used and/or paper back vs. hardcover).

WALL STREET JUNGLE BY NEY LINKS ON AMAZON:

LINK #1

LINK #2

WALL STREET GANG BY NEY LINKS ON AMAZON:

LINK #1

LINK #2

LINK #3

STOCK MARKET TECHNIQUE BY WYCKOFF LINKS ON AMAZON:

NUMBER 1

NUMBER 2

NUMBER 3

> Those are three SEPARATE books, volume 1, 2 and 3.

I think these are what Joel recommended. His PM to me was a bit cryptic in terms of deciphering the exact recommendations. I did my best using Amazon. If there's a correction or addition/subtraction needed, someone let me know.

Thanks!

dbpheonix posted a ton of great stuff over here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29005&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

BrownsFan should enjoy it as he incorporates candles with VSA.

That is an interesting thread jj, so thanks for sharing.

Since we know that things on the internet can get pulled w/o notice, I took some screenshots and such from the thread for anyone interested.

The file size was large, so I uploaded off of TL.

Link: http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/45685/dbphoenix-files-from-et-zip.html

To download from there...

attachment.php?attachmentid=5146&stc=1&d=1202687903

If James feels like tearing it apart and posting here somehow, that'd be nice. I just didn't feel like uploading each of these individually.

tl1.png.ea36f2abf3ad8030b5f043ca6b942e59.png

Start with Richard Ney be it the wall street gang or the wall street jungle. I have not read Making it in the Market. Learn how "the ones who profit most" think.

By recognizing their patterns you will be able to anticipate their future behavior. Trade with foresight.

Then go to Richard Wycoff The DAY Trader's Bible--or my secrets of day trading stocks. This is the only Wycoff book I have ever read. It proves reading the tape works. He wrote the book in 1919.

Next read Tom Williams original book -- Undeclared Secrets that Drive the Stock Market. You can purchase it directly from Tom. http://www.tradetowin.com

Joel

Thanks for all this info everyone. I didn't know dbphoenix had a book, his threads around the place are very useful for VSA.

Yepper, it's not a book per se as much as it is a collection of pdf's on all the topics of trading on price and volume. All sections are independant of each other and are sort of self contained but they are titles as 'chapters'.

dbpheonix posted a ton of great stuff over here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=29005&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

BrownsFan should enjoy it as he incorporates candles with VSA.

It's been four years now since I did those threads and I wish I could get ET to delete them. So much of that has been revised, and while I don't expect anyone to plop down $30 to get the latest and greatest from my book (see post 13, above), please understand that my understanding of all this has evolved, and certain things have become clearer, like cream rising to the top.

I've been posting supplements to the book in my blog here and will continue to do so as the need arises. This enables me to stay current and to address questions and quandaries and problems that arise in what I learn from message board posts. I believe that anyone with a passing knowledge of VSA and MP will understand the blog threads as they are to me pretty basic stuff. But then the basic stuff is pretty much all you need.

As a sidenote, I rarely mention VSA at all but rather Wyckoff, but I assume that it's generally known that VSA is based on Wyckoff. So anyone searching for the corporate version of "VSA" material should not be surprised when they don't find any.

Db

It's been four years now since I did those threads and I wish I could get ET to delete them. So much of that has been revised, and while I don't expect anyone to plop down $30 to get the latest and greatest from my book (see post 13, above), please understand that my understanding of all this has evolved, and certain things have become clearer, like cream rising to the top.

I've been posting supplements to the book in my blog here and will continue to do so as the need arises. This enables me to stay current and to address questions and quandaries and problems that arise in what I learn from message board posts. I believe that anyone with a passing knowledge of VSA and MP will understand the blog threads as they are to me pretty basic stuff. But then the basic stuff is pretty much all you need.

As a sidenote, I rarely mention VSA at all but rather Wyckoff, but I assume that it's generally known that VSA is based on Wyckoff. So anyone searching for the corporate version of "VSA" material should not be surprised when they don't find any.

Db

What is the link to your blog....

Let me say some comments on DbPhoenix book. I have purchased it few days ago and I am very happy that I have done so. If you want my personal opinion, this book is gold for anybody wanting to get a more deeper understanding of the relationship of price, volume, demand and supply dynamics.

As DbPhoenix mentionned, if you have some knowledge of VSA concepts and Market Profile concepts, this book is even greater as it deepen what you already know.

Having read posts from him since last year on different forums, I can say that this person really knows his stuff and for me, personnally, it redirect my perception of the market dynamics in a new and positive way.

Of course, to assimilate all the materials there do take some time, but time spend to learn and assimiliate the differents concepts presented there is worth doing it.

Expression of a very much happy finder and reader of this book.

P.S. sorry if I ramble too much but cannot be enough grateful and humble to DbPheonix to have put this together and to have him here of this great forum.

Sincerely

Shreem:)

Your commission check is in the mail . . . :)

ha! ha! ha! very funny:o

Seriously, these comments of mine are really the minimum that I can do to show you my gratitude in enlightening my way about how to see the market in its truest form which is to learn why the market is moving the way it is moving.

Funny thing is I have spent a few thousand $ on my education of the market and can say frankly that I never come across something so significant.

Really, your way of seeing things coupled with the style of Soultrader on Market profile and Jperl with his market statistic make a formidable combination in my learning curve.

Sincerely

Db

Db, great to see you here. Please don't encourage ET to take down that thread. That thread was the light bulb for me. Your marked up diagrams are phenomenal. I printed out every one of them and have read them many times as I am a visual person. You don't know how many ppl. I have referred to that thread. It would be a shame to see such a treasure go. Thanks again for all of your help.

Let me say some comments on DbPhoenix book. I have purchased it few days ago and I am very happy that I have done so. If you want my personal opinion, this book is gold for anybody wanting to get a more deeper understanding of the relationship of price, volume, demand and supply dynamics.

As DbPhoenix mentionned, if you have some knowledge of VSA concepts and Market Profile concepts, this book is even greater as it deepen what you already know.

Having read posts from him since last year on different forums, I can say that this person really knows his stuff and for me, personnally, it redirect my perception of the market dynamics in a new and positive way.

Of course, to assimilate all the materials there do take some time, but time spend to learn and assimiliate the differents concepts presented there is worth doing it.

Expression of a very much happy finder and reader of this book.

P.S. sorry if I ramble too much but cannot be enough grateful and humble to DbPheonix to have put this together and to have him here of this great forum.

Sincerely

AMEN

GEM OF A COLLECTION, PRICELESS :)INFO ON PRICE/VOLUME INTERACTION WITH SUPPORT/RESISTANCE LEVELS, TRENDS ETC

Db

Db, your thread has been deleted from ET. Though I try not to go there, sometimes, like staring at a bad car accident, I just can't help it. The owner is getting rid of any threads he deems "not current," to the great consternation of the members of that board. Your thread deletion, in particular, has caused a fair amount of upset.

Db, your thread has been deleted from ET. Though I try not to go there, sometimes, like staring at a bad car accident, I just can't help it. The owner is getting rid of any threads he deems "not current," to the great consternation of the members of that board. Your thread deletion, in particular, has caused a fair amount of upset.

Most of it's in the book, so anyone who just has to have it has at least one option (click my name for a preview of the book).

But I should point out again that my book is technically not a "VSA" book. If VSA is the focus of one's interest, Mastering the Markets is free.

Db, your thread has been deleted from ET.

Well, that is ET's loss and now TL's gain.

MRW - have a read of the reviews Db's book is getting on this thread, this is high praise indeed. Db will not promote his book, he leaves it to the comments of his readers, and his confidence in doing so is justified.