Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

DbPhoenix

My eBook: Trading By Price

My eBook: Trading By Price

For those who are interested, here is a preview of my eBook, Trading By Price. The eBook consists of a set of 24 "eBooklets" which you can read in any order you like. Some you may choose not to read at all. You are, after all, in charge of your own learning, and the only pop quizzes are those administered by the market.

If you choose to purchase it, contact me at dbsburrow@yahoo.com

[ATTACH]28544[/ATTACH]

Hi Db, i want to purchase your eBook but TL does not allow me to PM you, so please let me know how to do that or PM me. thx.

The book is $30 via PayPal to dbsburrow@yahoo.com. However, if you have not read the preview, I suggest you do so before spending any money. The book may not be what you want.

Hi Db,

(I tried to pm you but I couldn't so I posting here)

I've just payed through paypal, will you send the ebook by email or is there a link to download?

thanks and looking forward to reading it

Hi Db,

(I tried to pm you but I couldn't so I posting here)

I've just payed through paypal, will you send the ebook by email or is there a link to download?

thanks and looking forward to reading it

It's on its way. Hope you read the preview.

Db, I too made the payment through paypal, please let me know from where to download the ebook. thanks!

On its way.

My apologies for communicating with people this way. Apparently TL does not allow people with fewer than 5 posts to use PMs. I don't understand why, but there it is.

Hi

I am a newbie who lost his job recently; trying to make some money to take care of my family.

You have tremendous reputation on these boards and many of your posts are very helpful.

I am interested in your book; but is it going be to beneficial for a total newbie?

Thanks

Man

Hi

I am a newbie who lost his job recently; trying to make some money to take care of my family.

You have tremendous reputation on these boards and many of your posts are very helpful.

I am interested in your book; but is it going be to beneficial for a total newbie?

Thanks

Man

No offense intended, but if you've lost your job and need to make money to take care of your family, the last thing you should consider is trading. Not only would you be undercapitalized, but you'd be trading with "scared money", and that's not a good place to be.

Think of looking for a job as your work. Schedule your day accordingly, e.g., checking online job sites, the local newspaper, going on interviews, etc. If you like, schedule your screen time as part of that day, e.g., 09:00 to 10:30, or 2:00 to 4:00. But under no circumstances should you be trading with real money, nor should you take away from the time you need to spend working or looking for it and sitting in front of screen instead.

As far as my book is concerned, you can get much of what you need to know from this blog and from the Wyckoff Forum. Read it, study it, ask questions. It may help take your mind off your situation. But don't allow it to dominate your thoughts to the extent that you're not doing what you need to do: supporting your family.

Don't be discouraged.

thanks for the kind words. I am trying to do exactly that (looking for a job). In the mean time I want to acquire skills through reading and paper trading. Once things get better I can jump into trading and get out of the cycle of relying on others to put food on the table.

thanks once again.

Hello DB I'm interested in your work and wonder if you could tell me: would I find in your book at least as much as I would find in the forums? I would much rather read your book than trawl through the forums, but not at the price of missing valuable information.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello DB I'm interested in your work and wonder if you could tell me: would I find in your book at least as much as I would find in the forums? I would much rather read your book than trawl through the forums, but not at the price of missing valuable information.

Thanks,

Chris

The book doesn't include everything, of course. It would be thousands of pages. But I hope that it crystallizes what is in the forum.

As to what is valuable, or not, and to whom, who can say? But you may want to look at the Most-Thanked Posts thread, since those posts are chosen on the basis of the number of thanks they receive and are thus "chosen" by readers. Those will lead you to specific threads of which you can read some or most or all. Since the vast majority of the posts in the Wyckoff Forum are repetitions or just chat, there's really no need to read all of it, or even most of it. The important things come up again and again and are not likely to be missed.

Hi DbPhoenix:

Love the preview of your ebook. Great compilation and very well thought out in terms of narrative. Can you tell me how I can go about ordering it? I am interested in reading more of this book.

Many thanks,

No offense to the last 3 posters, but geez, can you guys read? Read the thread from the top.

Josh, all of my blog entries and the comments and questions regarding them were given a date of 4/17 when the blog was converted into articles by the mgmt. Some of these comments/questions are at least a couple of years old.

And I'd rather that all this business about my ebook not be here at all. It's hardly an article. Like this, it sounds like extreme self-promotion.

But what the hey . . . :)

Db

Here's the question:

Given that snake oil merchants like Randy H and old sleazeballs who claim they aren't vendors but later show their colours don't get banned, but honest traders like me do for harrying them as they pluck the uninformed, will dbPhoenix cop it for reposting his Journey chapter?

(noting that db's stuff is the real oil)

Here's the question:

Given that snake oil merchants like Randy H and old sleazeballs who claim they aren't vendors but later show their colours don't get banned, but honest traders like me do for harrying them as they pluck the uninformed, will dbPhoenix cop it for reposting his Journey chapter?

(noting that db's stuff is the real oil)

Does that mean that you want me to repost it? If so, I'll be happy to.

Db