Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Volume Confirmation on False Breakouts]

Short video on identifying false breakouts and how to profit from these moves. Usually when false breakouts occur, price will swiftly reverse in the other direction. A valid breakout needs good buying volume. Without it, we are seeing a lack of buying confidence.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

Charts created by TradeStation

I traded the same move today. Price tested the point of control several times throughout the day. I was stopped out for break even about 5 times before the final one made a 60 point move down. It's difficult to find a good entry when price is moving above and below the VAL, VAH, POC and pivot points. I normally look at how strong the selling volume is if I'm planning to short so I appreciate your insights into low buying volume suggesting a reversal.

Very interesting again. The key to the kingdom is with no shadow of a doubt, price action, volume and tape and how they react to pivot points, fibonacci levels and value area boundaries. Nice nice, I will be observing these levels over the coming weeks. Watching your videos makes me feel so stupid as my trading has been terrible this week. I am the one supplying the good traders with profits. Let's hope that changes and I can switch over.

Absolutly Yes ¡¡ Volume MUST confirm the breakout of this big consolidations.... otherwise trade a sweet fade.... good video Soul ¡¡ everyday I get more convinced of this perfect relationship between volume, delta and key levels.... they are so simple and reliable ... has made my life so simple cheers Walter.