Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Trading Psychology How do we learn to conquer our fear and greed? Discuss the mental aspects of the game.

Like Tree8Likes
Old 08-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: There Is Something Intriguing About Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpennybags »
Ha! As usual, I had to look up definitions for some of the words used, but all-in-all... nicely stated Mr. Zdo.

To my way of thinking... there are no rules, only observation, consideration and context. To try to define trading as a protocol of "if-then" statements that can be transferred from one person to the next, is frothy at best, and utterly ambiguous at it's worst. Most of what is posted here is the later rather than the former, but both are problematic.
I confess I had to look up words too He does it deliberately you know. He doesn't want you speed reading his posts. Probably because he doesn't speed write them.
That's one essential difference between zdo and anal 75.

On rules within the context of "if, then" I think it's worth restating the basics as an antidote to the constant drivel that passes for advice. So sticking with facts that can't really be challenged is always, to my mind, a good place to build your own trading style with.

For the noobs

If price is going to go higher then it has to make a h/h and a h/l.. otherwise you get your alternate "if, then"

I think everybody gets that pretty much in the first lesson..

.Then something goes horribly wrong usually almost immediately. Because these basics aren't (apparently) enough to build a strategy around because it musn't be kept simple (even when your're reading/writing articles and post it notes on your face to KISS) so, being logical human beings, even though we've just agreed to KIss we get straight into complicating it (because if it's simple then we won't be cleverer than everybody else.will we)?

And if we keep it simple we will have to ignore the burning questions that must be asked (because we're human and not a computer)

1-WHY?

Why is the market failing to go higher/lower? What 'something else' do I need to answer that question?

Is it a book, a guru, a seminar, a signal service, an analyst, a more experienced trader, a list of 25 rules written by someone who knows less than me? Christ ..does GS know why.?. I bet those bastards do...it's the Fed.. it's all their fault...

2- WHERE? ...
.....should I get in/out? oh look... there's another one of those stupid articles....never chase the market.... KISS... just keep buying until your ears bleed....

Isn't that what indicators are for? Aren't there 200 of them to work my way through? Yeah... I know ypu can't use them straight outta da box..any idiot knows that. No, I'll just keep dicking around with them until I find a setting/combination that'll tell me (and only me) something it couldn't possibly tell anyone else. (must remember to put another KIss post it on my face when I can't stand this shit anymore.)

Wait a minute, jeez what's wrong with me I completely forgot about da Gann. Didn't he predict ...everything?

Ok...It'll be 2 or 5 or 10 years of my life getting through the square of angled price astro-analysis but 10.000 hours= expertease.

... oh look , millionaire just wrote a book about how to be richer,better looking and cleverer than everyone else (for dummies)...you know I'm tempted.. but I got enough on my chart/plate at the moment .and it's difficult to read with a post it stuck to your face.. (mental note: If my account ever goes to zero again I swear I'm gonna try the very first thing I read about)

(5 years later)

So... how's it going ?

Yeah, just keeping it simple now.

so... you're 20% of the way there.

Yeah.. just found out, well confirmed really that I got no discipline, patience or self control at all.. I'm working on it.. but it's not really working...working on it I mean

Funny you should say that. Well not funny ha ha, funny as in coincidence that I just happened to write a book about the mental game.

Are you a trader? I thought you were a psychologist.. What inspired you to target the trading industry?

Well. basically it's full of suckers.. bit of a no brainer really.

Shove your book up your ass.

Fine..carry on losing.

I'll get there... I just haven't had enough pain yet.

The statistics say you won't.

listen, it's all in my own hands

I know, that's what my book is about.

Disclaimer: This article is concluded with the disclaimer that articles never change the statistics- most traders lose. Past performance is the exact prediction of future performance. Losses may exceed your ability to keep you sense of self worth in focus.causing you to admit defeat so you feel better rather than discipline yourself to carry out certain tasks that most chimpanzees would find challenging though not impossible.
Old 08-23-2016, 06:19 AM   #10

Ignore this user

Really can't explain what I've just read, really
zdo likes this.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #11
zdo

Ignore this user

Re: There Is Something Intriguing About Sped Re ding

Quote:
I confess I had to look up words too He does it deliberately you know. He doesn't want you speed reading his posts. Probably because he doesn't speed write them.
Actually I do speed write them... posting the first thing that pops into my head... using as few words as possible. If you have to look up words - I probably should be looking up some words too...
Since my audience is 1 in a 1000
(and when 1 of them shows up we quickly get off this medium),
the first cusp (ie TL) gets on average less than 5 minutes a day

Old 08-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #12

Ignore this user

Re: There Is Something Intriguing About Sped Re ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdo »
Actually I do speed write them... posting the first thing that pops into my head... using as few words as possible. If you have to look up words - I probably should be looking up some words too...
the first cusp (ie TL) gets on average less than 5 minutes a day

There's so many issues here that I dunno where to start-

Actually,.I do speed write them... posting the first thing that pops into my head.

Starting a sentence with the word 'actually' puts me on the defensive- people hate being wrong

Speed writing.. where's the fire? You'll never miss the last bus to the 3rd cusp no matter how late you are.

Posting the first thing that pops into your head shows complete lack of respect for the audience. If I posted the first thing that pops into my head all the time I'd be arrested under the terrorism act..or the explicit publications act.

You'd have to be a genius to write the first thing that popped into your head that was actually worth reading.

...'... using as few words as possible'

But as many obscure words as possible... one can only imagine what kind of book you would churn out in a couple of hours...

Listen pal, you use those words' cos you're a control freak. You like the idea of '1 in a 1000' (give me a break) people having to look the words up.

You don't use those words in daily conversation or you'd be banned from most social circles.

That leads us nicely to why you come here year after year (5 minutes at a time- that's a lot of time)

Apparently you need a daily fix (of TL and obscure word deployment). Whereas the rest of us come here if and when we feel like it (some of us not at all for years) you, on the other hand, have an addiction and you know it,, which is why you're trying to limit that addiction to 5 minutes a day. You gotta use those words somewhere and you choose to inflict them on us.

I have read most of what you posted here over the years (often through gritted teeth) and I've yet to fully grasp what it is you want to tell us. And I suspect that you suspect that yourself .and you also suspect that we suspect it too..

What happens if you go over time.? I mean what happens if I just sit here typing enough bullshit to ensure that it will take more than 5 minutes to read?....could you stretch to 10 minutes? If anyone could write bullshit on demand I could, I think I proved that much over the years.

You wanna give the impression that you are engaged in far more important things than coming here. We, on the other hand have got nothing better to do than piss our time away on here have we?
Even longer if we have to look up words that should stay where they are (in the dictionary) while we try to decipher 3rd cusp dialect tossed off the top of the march hare's head.

I probably should be looking up some words too...

Don't worry, we'll give you some words to look up.(if we're not too busy)

When one of the chosen few is chosen, the chosen one cannot help but feel special. It's like being one of the disciples. It's like you have been recognised as having travelled beyond the first cusp.

The other 999 of you can just fuck off as you are not worthy of zdo's time. But even the chosen ones have to look up da words dat zdo knows off the top of his head.

But. zdo understands that others cannot be zdo. That's not the issue. The issue is that only 1 in a 1000 can be bothered to look up the words. The other 999 can't be bothered to not carry on in their ignorance.

Have you worked out why zdo is called zdo.?

How we doing for time, 5 minutes up yet?

Zdo has left the building. We tried to get a comment from zdo's press office but nobody was available. His office on the 3rd cusp wasn't taking calls. The public records office denies that any such person calling themselves zdo exists.
zdo likes this.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:37 PM   #13
Blocks_2 Champion, Gnome pinball Champion, Collapse Champion, SuperMario Rampage Champion, Arkadium Skeeball Champion, Bozzle Champion, JezzBall Champion, Galaga Space Invaders Champion, Jurassic Pinball Champion, Zulu Gems Champion, Marble Motion Champion, Colour Chain Game Champion, Eye Drops Champion, Blocks Champion, Pinboliada Champion, Block Champion, Bubble Elements Champion, Festival Pinball Champion, Pinball King Champion, Cold Fusion Champion, Mario Kart Extreme! Champion, Crazy PinBall Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion, Crystal Island Champion, HotRod Pinball Champion, Zuma Kowloon Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Pepsi Max Pinball Champion, Dynomite Champion

Ignore this user

I woke up this morning, scratched my ass, and thought: "there is great potential in this new day"...

(1) We have Janet Yellen speaking at Jackson Hole (always a money making opportunity when the queen stands and delivers... I did alright today; played it nicely); (2) I mowed the lawn yesterday ahead of the rains (always a good thing to stay up with the chores); (3) Checked my phone, and had received a text message from my daughter with an invitation for dinner tomorrow (way cool). I am a simple man; my pleasures come easily...

And then... Fucking Yikes!

I would not venture to defend Mr. Zdo... I see no reason... it's an open forum. What I will say though: it is interesting to read his posts. Does he write this stuff off the cuff? I would say he does; talk about "disjointed" writing (well, fuck yes). Even though I may be "the one in a thousand", am I a disciple? Well, no... but I have come to appreciate and find merit in his point of view (thanks for playing "the disciple card").

I don't know where you are headed with your latest bend [possibly "bender" is more appropriate (ask any alcoholic for the definition)], but this seems a bit over wrought.

For the record: I will be out of the office for the remainder of the weekend (enjoying it). My press agent won't be available either... come on man... really?
zdo likes this.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:21 AM   #14
zdo

Ignore this user

commitment is differnt from addiction

Mits,
I just L'dOL. Thanks. It does my heart good to know you are healthy enough to REALLY be back :grin:
Actually I have yet to ever really deal with third cusp on TL... It is 'beyond'... Its guidance is built in.
and your clarification/interpretation of "1 in 1000" is off.
fwiw, there are no "chosen one"z -bcse the 1's I work with 1) have already accomplished a series of non 'voice of trading' choices and actions on their own ... long before we ever meet, 2) have a predilection or at least readiness to set aside consensus blfs and do the work to assure that flow in the first body is reestab'd before 'proceeding' through 2nd cusp... and wtf is a cusp?
It is their acts that separates the 1'z... not their attitudes of exclusivity...and zdo has no special dispensation or capacity to anoint.
They are 'choosen ones' ... not 'chosen ones'
the "other 999 can't be bothered to not carry on in their ignorance." is one of many good ways to say it.
...that TL is not really a place to discuss 'health first' is another...
...in 10 years, not a single '1' has shown up from TL
Maybe turn it around. That discussion was focused more on the 1000 than on 1 or on zdo ...
https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...ty-builders-3/
... and btw, since 1991 the slightest indication of 'disciple' has elicited an unpleasant, distasteful reaction in me... those relationships are ended quickly.
Projection... transference... yuk...
> 5 sentences and > 5 minutes
ie enuf data provided and bs now quantifiable by the mitmitmeter and gotta scoot time's up
have a good one ... and thanks again ...

zdo

Quote:
Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
You were caught in the crossfire of childhood and stardom, blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target for faraway laughter, come on you stranger, you legend, you martyr, and shine!
You reached for the secret too soon, you cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night, and exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome with random precision, rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver, you seer of visions, come on you painter, you piper, you prisoner, and shine!
Written by Dave Gilmour, Richard Wright Copyright Imagem U.S. LLC, Warner/Chappell Music, Inc
The Following User Says Thank You to zdo For This Useful Post:
mitsubishi (08-29-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 07:42 AM   #15

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpennybags »
I woke up this morning, scratched my ass, and thought: "there is great potential in this new day"...

(1) We have Janet Yellen speaking at Jackson Hole (always a money making opportunity when the queen stands and delivers... I did alright today; played it nicely); (2) I mowed the lawn yesterday ahead of the rains (always a good thing to stay up with the chores); (3) Checked my phone, and had received a text message from my daughter with an invitation for dinner tomorrow (way cool). I am a simple man; my pleasures come easily...

And then... Fucking Yikes!

I would not venture to defend Mr. Zdo... I see no reason... it's an open forum. What I will say though: it is interesting to read his posts. Does he write this stuff off the cuff? I would say he does; talk about "disjointed" writing (well, fuck yes). Even though I may be "the one in a thousand", am I a disciple? Well, no... but I have come to appreciate and find merit in his point of view (thanks for playing "the disciple card").

I don't know where you are headed with your latest bend [possibly "bender" is more appropriate (ask any alcoholic for the definition)], but this seems a bit over wrought.

For the record: I will be out of the office for the remainder of the weekend (enjoying it). My press agent won't be available either... come on man... really?
The residual effects of your morning routine could lead to unintended consequences and possibly a dysentery death. Thoroughly clean your hands after you scratch your ass and before you think or type.
jpennybags likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
jpennybags (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 10:38 AM   #16
Blocks_2 Champion, Gnome pinball Champion, Collapse Champion, SuperMario Rampage Champion, Arkadium Skeeball Champion, Bozzle Champion, JezzBall Champion, Galaga Space Invaders Champion, Jurassic Pinball Champion, Zulu Gems Champion, Marble Motion Champion, Colour Chain Game Champion, Eye Drops Champion, Blocks Champion, Pinboliada Champion, Block Champion, Bubble Elements Champion, Festival Pinball Champion, Pinball King Champion, Cold Fusion Champion, Mario Kart Extreme! Champion, Crazy PinBall Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion, Crystal Island Champion, HotRod Pinball Champion, Zuma Kowloon Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Pepsi Max Pinball Champion, Dynomite Champion

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse »
The residual effects of your morning routine could lead to unintended consequences and possibly a dysentery death. Thoroughly clean your hands after you scratch your ass and before you think or type.
Ha! There are several appropriate replies that come to mind:

(1) What? I sniffed my fingers after; I was good.
(2) No, ass! Not ass crack.
(3) It may have been my head that I scratched; I sometimes confuse the two.

Anyway, thank you to the OP for sponsoring another fine get together. Sorry about that stain on the carpet.
MightyMouse likes this.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: