Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest OILFXPRO

Traders with Mental Disorders

Guest OILFXPRO

Can they trade effectively?Should they seek other trading jobs i.e trading educators , forum owners , brokerages , client relationship manager etc ?

Mental disorders include personality disorders , behaviour disabilities and cognitive biases.

Can they trade effectively?Should they seek other trading jobs i.e trading educators , forum owners , brokerages , client relationship manager etc ?

Mental disorders include personality disorders , behaviour disabilities and cognitive biases.

I have a mental disorder...

I wake up on Sunday morning and wish it was Monday... 3 day weekends... dang.

Time off is good... but I'd rather be trading.

edit: Actually, I do think it's a little f*cked up, but "it is what it is"...

Actually... edit again: we are all a little f*cked up. What's the actual question that you are asking? And... why?

Edited by jpennybags

Guest OILFXPRO
I have a mental disorder...

I wake up on Sunday morning and wish it was Monday... 3 day weekends... dang.

Time off is good... but I'd rather be trading.

edit: Actually, I do think it's a little f*cked up, but "it is what it is"...

Actually... edit again: we are all a little f*cked up. What's the actual question that you are asking? And... why?

I know a trading educator cum forum owner and trader and moderator , all mixed into one .Just curious about why he need so many jobs , since trading is a solitary lonely job.:crap:

I know a trading educator cum forum owner and trader and moderator , all mixed into one .Just curious about why he need so many jobs , since trading is a solitary lonely job.:crap:

It may be possible that you've just answered your own question...

Guest OILFXPRO
It may be possible that you've just answered your own question...

Do they regularly mess up ?

Are they having normal emotions and control of their mind , to be able to trade effectively?

Guest OILFXPRO
Sorry... you've worn me out. Cutting myself loose from the thread...

Jenny

only sweaty posters get tired ...............................or more tired

I dont think a person with Mental disorder would be able to think highly and trade. I dont know any but this world is full of those inspiring stories of disordered people doing gr8 stuff so someone that comes up doing it could be a possibility.

To earn more money dude, simple. And to be on the safe side. Many people do trades bt they have some other safe side income aswell.

Guest OILFXPRO
To earn more money dude, simple. And to be on the safe side. Many people do trades bt they have some other safe side income aswell.

That contradicts with successful trader's mindset , they trade to trade right , money is the reward .Why would they trade right for weeks without reward , since trading correctly may give no reward for days.The ones who aim for money are not successful and need other jobs to pay for their losses by not trading right.Do you understand emotional behaviors?How do these react to losses?