Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wsam29

Personality Profile

PsychTrader - The Psychology Of Trading

I did this one long time ago.

username: guest

password: 1234

I've also done KOLBE B assessment as well which I paid for, I think it was a KOLBE B test, either way, the results for that test were "inconclusive" basically saying I did not know who or what my strengths were.

The one from eHarmony was fun, explains alot about my openess.

their explaination:

Introduction to Openness

How firmly committed are you to the ideas and beliefs that govern your thinking and guide your behavior? Some people trust their current ideas and beliefs the way a climber trusts the mountain; whichever way they move, whether the climb is on a familiar trail or over new ground, there is something solid beneath them, something they count on.

For others, new ideas, new solutions to old problems, new beliefs that replace tired convictions are like welcome wind in their sails. They can hardly wait to tack in a new direction and ride a new idea through uncharted waters. If it's new, it's interesting, and they're ready to explore.

The following paragraphs describe your responses to new ways of thinking and believing. How do you handle new information? Are you more like the climber on a familiar mountain or a sailor with a tiller in hand and a fresh breeze to propel you? How you integrate and process new information about the world and about others is a core aspect of your personality.

On the Openness Dimension you are:

SOMETIMES CURIOUS, SOMETIMES CONTENT

Words that describe you:

* Accepting

* Flexible

* Educated

* Self-aware

* Middle-of-the-road

* Proper

* Distinctive

* Indecisive

* Adaptable

A General Description of How You Approach New Information and Experiences

Like someone who can sleep comfortably on either side of the bed, you are equally at home with ideas and beliefs that you have held for a long time and with new ways of thinking and believing that grow out of your intellectual curiosity.

Your sense of who you are and what your place is in the world around you rests on values and principles that are the solid ground you walk upon. You've tested them, they work for you, and much of the time you are content to trust them, that is, until some provocative new idea slips in from a conversation, book or some flight of your active imagination. "Hmmmm. What's this. Never thought of it before." And off you go, exploring.

Since you love to learn, you've always been teachable; you absorb new information, which means you are well-educated in things that matter to you. Sometimes your intellectual exploring will lead you back to where you started; the "next new thing" proves too shallow or impractical to you. But once in a while a new idea or belief will dislodge you from the ground you've stood upon; it is so compelling and persuasive that you step away from the tried-and-true and embrace this notion that is brand new to you.

Because you hold both solid beliefs and are open to new ideas, you are accepting of other people and other ways of thinking and believing. You are flexible enough to listen to something new and different, or something outside of your comfort zone; if it works for you, you'll take it in, and if not, you'll let it go. In this sense, you know who you are: you are neither closed-minded nor wildly open-minded, but walk somewhere near the middle of the intellectual road.

Negative Reactions Others May Have Toward Your Style of Thinking

Not everyone will be thrilled by your flexible, middle-of-the-road ways of thinking and believing. A few people are so taken with flights of imagination into whatever is new that they might find your commitment to long-standing values and beliefs too confining, if not too boring. Oh well; so be it. They'll just have to be in free-flight without you.

Others are content with the ideas that have served them and their culture well; they're not excited by the prospect of moving on. And some people are afraid of new ways of thinking because they are somewhat fragile; they have trouble maintaining their current worlds and don't want someone like you, for instance pushing out the edges of their intellectual cosmos. So don't be surprised if your solid values sometimes make people distrust you as an explorer, or if your flexible and open mind sometimes gets you criticized by people who walk away from the very same explorations that you find refreshing.

Positive Responses Others May Have Toward You

Many others will find you trustworthy and therefore an attractive companion on the intellectual journey. They will appreciate the combination in you of open-mindedness and a commitment to the tried-and-true. In an intellectual climate sometimes dominated by the extremes of either wild innovation or dug-in traditionalism, your moderate views and your proper acceptance of a wide range of possibilities will be a distinctive and refreshing quality. Because you join your curiosity to strong foundational ideas and beliefs and practical solutions to problems, people will trust your occasional explorations into new territories to be reliable, and not "something new for newness sake".

You are accepting of others, flexible in your own intellectual commitments, well-informed in areas that matter to you, and comfortably aware of who you are and where you stand. This combination will make you a desirable companion on the intellectual journey for many, many people.

All those explained many things about me as a person.

Give it a shoot, other than the KOLBE test, they are FREE!!!

also if you do decide to pay for the psychtrader assessment, there is a discount code, I don't know if it is still good but if you do try it, why not save 20%.

16PF, use D6048 for 20% off for psychtrader assessment profile.

My psychtrader profile was INTP, I have not done a recent one, I will do that to see if there are any changes.

I took mine also Winfred. Mine was a ENTJ.

Extroverts find energy in things and people. They prefer interactions with others and tend to be action-oriented. Learning about the markets will be best accomplished in groups or talking with others. They also tend to think on their feet and talk more than listen.

iNtuituive traders seek out patterns and relationships among the facts they have gathered. They trust hunches, or "gut feelings" when researching the markets. Chances are, they like using charts as indicators and as such spend a majority of their research looking at historical charts.

Thinkers decide things impersonally based on analaysis, logic, and principle. They place great weight on objective criteria in making financial decision. They naturally see flaws and tend to be critical of research. Thinking traders prefer clear goals and objectives.

Judging traders are decisive, self-starters and self-regimented and probably trade because they "want to." They also focus on completing the taks, knowing the essentials, and they take action quickly. They plan their trades and trade their plan.

hmm.... interesting.

it IS, isn't it. (that explains your market profile addiction and my "shoot from the hip" style) ;)

explains alot how two people skin the cat differently.

Everyone here should take this assessment. They'll get a good idea as to who's crap they should consider using.

BTW, how did you manage to copy and post your results??? :s

Introverts find energy in the inner world of ideas, concepts, and abstractions. They want to understand the "whys" of the markets; they contcentrate and tend to be reflective thinks. Introverts want to develop systems that inegrate or connect the information they they learn about the markets and use this information to make more informed decisions.

iNtuituivetraders seek out patterns and relationships among the facts they have gathered. They trust hunches, or "gut feelings" when researching the markets. Chances are, they like using charts as indicators and as such spend a majority of their research looking at historical charts.

Thinkers decide things impersonally based on analaysis, logic, and principle. They place great weight on objective criteria in making financial decision. They naturally see flaws and tend to be critical of research. Thinking traders prefer clear goals and objectives.

Perceptive traders are curious, adaptable, and spontaneous. They start trading wanting to know everything about it, and often find it difficult to trade successfully. Perceptive traders often postpone doing research until the last minute. They are not lazy rather merely seeking informaiton up to the very last minute.

How true, how true.

You are a Rare Breed!

Only 5% of people have your natural abilities — those validated by the Kolbe A™ Index. It may not seem like it because "birds of a feather" do "flock together." Then again, you might discover you're one of those "fish out of water" who needs a better place in order to shine.

Your unique Kolbe result taps into your underlying spirit, the very nature of who you are and what makes you tick. Your rare instinct-based talents show up on Kolbe's one-of-a-kind assessment of:

Your FACT FINDER best way to gather information.

Your FOLLOW THRU knack for storing information.

Your QUICK START take on risks and uncertainties.

Your IMPLEMENTOR way of handling tangible tasks.

Kolbe explains why 95% of people wouldn't be able to succeed doing it your way.

Kolbe.com - 30 Years - Validating Instincts

This is basically the Keirsey temperament model (which is similar the Myers-Briggs model). I'm an iNTj, or what Keirsey calls a "Rational Mastermind." (He has very flattering names for these types.)

• NT - Rationals - iNTj (Mastermind), iNTp (Architect), eNTj (FieldMarshal), eNTp (Inventor)
  • SJ - Guardians - iStJ (Inspector), iSfJ (Protector), eStJ (Supervisor), eSfJ (Provider)
  • SP - Artisans - iStP (Crafter), iSfP (Composer), eStP (Promoter), eSfP (Performer)
  • NF - Idealists - iNFj (Counselor), iNFp (Healer), eNFj (Teacher), eNFp (Champion)

Go the Keirsey Temperament Website to read all about your temperament type. There is also a more in depth test to take, but you have to pay for the detailed results. It used to be free, but not anymore. But the info is free.

These temperament types pretty much match up with the classic temperament types. It does seem there are four basic types, and then variations of each of those four.

• Sanguine - Artisan - SP - (Likable, creative)
  • Choleric - Idealist - NF - (Visionary, driven)
  • Phlegmatic - Rational - NT - (Intellectual, independent)
  • Melancholic - Guardian - SJ - (Compassionate, serving)

I paid 40US and took MBTI today.

Mine is INTJ.

Just wonder what is the type of the successful traders

Since I am not the developer of the personality assessment, I can only speak from my own personal experiance.

I, try to use stuff like market relationships to understand what is going on, in other words, market internals if you trade index futures, John Murphy's Intermarket Technical Analysis would give you some ideas and direction to look at, but in the end, supply and demand is king.

N, just trust your judgement when time comes, believe in your own observations over time, document things that catch your attention to a trade set-up and when it "repeats" go with it and manage your trade.

T, have a clear exit strategy in place, fixed exit levels from your entry, if you have the capital to trade multiple contracts/shares, only the last holding should you use your discretion if you are adventurous. example, 2 lot multiples, mechanical exit at -10 stop and +10 profit, last 1 lot, up to you, some trade in thirds, some exit in 50%, 25%, 25%, there are many ways to scale out.

J, trying using pivots or market profile since they are predetermined levels that are known before the start of the trading day, but this is Soul's specialty, maybe he can explain how he uses those methods that work for him since he has set-ups and a trading plan for those methods.