Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Trading Products and Services Section for discussing trading-related products and services.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:09 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Trader's Accounting Review

Does anyone have experience with this company?

www [dot] tradersaccounting [dot]com

for

Business Entity Setup
Accounting Services
Tax Services
Roth 401K Setup and Administration

??

Please post. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:52 PM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Trader's Accounting Review

Here's a link to a webinar that they put on with the folks one of the trading gurus....

Taxes for Traders Webinar_2

Compare and contrast with Robert Green, who is well known in the trading community as well. Website: GREEN TRADER TAX

As for what you can expect from either, YMMV, depending on your specific tax situation.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #3

Ignore this user

The reason I ask is that I started with Traders Accounting but I'm getting a very poor impression.

They miss phone appointments. I've had to call them after waiting for 10-15 minutes after the appointment start time One time the person was wandering in the hallways or outside and another time the person had a meeting run on and left me (the customer) to wait.

I have also had emails and phone calls ignored.

And other things along these lines.

This is not going to work for me.

I need a more reliable accounting and tax partner and advisor.

I read one good review of Boyer Tax Services.

I am price sensitive as I am just starting the trading business.

Any input is appreciated as I intend to start researching alternatives.

Will look also at Green Trader.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #4

Ignore this user

@xanpatagon

I recently joined Traders Lab and just ran across you blog post. Im sorry to hear youre having a frustrating time. I am the marketing manager at Traders Accounting, and if youre still looking for advice and/or tax preparation Id love to help.

Our goal is for all of our clients, and potential clients, to be 100% satisfied, which occasionally results in phone calls running longer than anticipated. I know this can be frustrating when youre on the one waiting. We understand that your time is valuable, and never like to hear that anyone is kept waiting, but rest assured when we are on the phone with you - you have our undivided attention

If youd like you can contact me at asinclair [at] tradersaccounting [dot] com or call me at 800-938-9513 x220. I will personally make sure your questions are answered.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

Ignore this user

I have made many mistakes in my life and chosing to do business with this company is one of my biggest. They have been nothing short of a horror show. It would take far too long to write about my experience with them, but do yourself a favor and avoid them at all cost!!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #6

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun9070 »
I have made many mistakes in my life and chosing to do business with this company is one of my biggest. They have been nothing short of a horror show. It would take far too long to write about my experience with them, but do yourself a favor and avoid them at all cost!!!!
Please do explain so that others may benefit from your experience.

I am looking to set up a business entity for 2011 and Traders Accounting and Green Trader Tax are the only names I know and that I see at every Traders Expo.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-12-2011, 05:04 PM   #7

Ignore this user

So who did you go with and what was the verdict? I'm in the same spot right now, trying to decide how to handle this.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:47 PM   #8

Ignore this user

Traders Accounting is the most unprofessional firm I have come across.

I hired them in fall 2011 to set up my LLC. They recommended also setting up a Management Trust as I am the sole owner of my LLC. I also bought their bookkeeping, 401K and tax services.

In all cases-- it has been a complete disaster. On their webinars they claim it is a one stop shop where they are experts and take care of all your needs. In reality, each department gives advice that conflicts what the other department says. I've had this experience multiple times-- the coach says something that bookkeeping refutes later, bookkeeping says something which the tax dept says is not true, coach vs 401K disparity. it goes on and on and on. I didn't know where else to go when I signed up with them. I went there thinking I need someone I can trust who can guide me. End result-- I can't trust what they say, don't know who to trust, and complaining to the president is not helpful either. They don;t take accountability for issues that need to be fixed.

I would say-- stay away even if they offer services for free! They don't run a smooth organization AT ALL and you will hit their bureaucratic BS along with misinformation with A and B contradicting each other. One could say I hit some bad luck-- but two of their employees I've spoken to admit that it's a mess and advised me to complain. That said, so far I hope how they set me up is legal and legitimate- I haven't gone to someone else to double-check if Traders Accounting's advice is legit.

I feel compelled to create an a/c on this website and share my experience so others don't suffer the same way.

If anyone has recommendations and experiences to share about another firm I would appreciate that. I still need some help with complex bookkeeping and taxes.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to freespirit For This Useful Post:
n00btrader (09-23-2012)

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: