Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Trading Products and Services Section for discussing trading-related products and services.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:09 PM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: MTpredictor......any Views?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAC »
If you are familiar with some of my older posts, you would know I am a constant basher of vendors, that is because (1) I suspect some of the unscrupulous vendors are trying to get free publicity on this forum, (2) I find their advertising misleading and (3) some of them are just simply leading the uninformed sheeps to the slaughterhouse.
On the other hand, I am somewhat familiar with the MTPredictor program. I think his approach is sound and his stress on money management is good. $2500 is not cheap, but may be right for the right person. His software simplifies the steps and allow a novice to trade a sophisticated strategy.
I don't need it because I have Dynamic Trader, Fibonacci Trader, and Ensign.
OAC. Hello. You stated that you are a user of Dynamic Trader by Robert Miner, I would like to know if you are using it to trade the futures. I have his book and also monitor Carolyn the Fibonacci Queen site. Thanks, Sam W.
The Following User Says Thank You to t1259sw For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #18

Ignore this user

I have used MTPredictor 4.5 RT for TS and frankly was left unimpressed. Initially I thought it was fantastic and I had found the holy grail but as I started to dig deeper the lack of winning trades really started to annoy me.

HOWEVER.

1. I don't think of the software or the company to be a scam. The openly state expected win rates and reinforce the need to trade higher timeframes (to avoid chop) and the idea of risk:reward.

2. If you want to use this actually "day trading" its not the best. I think the smallest timeframe they advocate trading is a 15 minute, but ideally it should be a 30minute chart or higher. Personally i'm looking at 2min-233 tick charts and I need something that holds up on the smaller stuff, and honestly it just didn't.

3. If you can trade with a low win rate and want a more "swing" based system then it might be something to look for. Personally I find it much easier to trade and "pull the trigger" with a higher win rate system than something that might achieve 40%. The software is very cool and has a lot of nice features but is pricey. They are almost always doing a 20% off deal on some website so do a google search before buying.
The Following User Says Thank You to daedalus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #19

Ignore this user

Re: MTpredictor My Review

My opinion of MTPredictor

Over the past ten years, I have spent almost $10,000 dollars on software and seminars. Nothing has come close to MtPredictor. An old dog can learn new tricks! Over the years, I have picked up several bad habits that were just imposable for me to break. Two habits were ridiculous large positions and the second stupid habit was occasionally not having a stop order in case my trade went the wrong way.
Now with MTPredictor, I control my old habits through this software placing a controlled risk position having a stop loss to keep my losses small. Mentally, I was never able to do that. I failed repeatedly to control my emotions.
Also, the Webinars on Monday, Wednesday and Friday during real time are something to behold.
They explain in detail the chart patterns and exactly what to look for when these patterns unfold.
There are numerous recorded webinars which serve as a real education. This continues to be an ongoing education for me.
The software has an indicator called DP short for “Decision Point”. It is unbelievable how the market finds these GP points and reverse. You have to see it to believe it. Listen, you will not learn it over night. I paper traded for several weeks before trading a live account. I watched the videos over and over again. Sure, I have losses but the losses are small compared to my winning trades.
MTPredictor has made it possible for me to meet my goals!
Good luck trading,
R Scott
Florida
The Following User Says Thank You to MTP FAN For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #20

Ignore this user

Hi all,

I just seen this post and I was browsing the net for reviews and thought I would say a few words.

I installed the NT7 Add on today, I love to trade fib patterns so it suits me to the ground. I am nothing but amazed at the results today. Each signal gives clear entry rules and money management rules. I am up 2k for the day so I am happy ...it a thumbs up from me.

I am not affiliated with the vendor or selling anything. I am sure you will all be very sceptical as this is my first post. I will be here a while and might start up a journal , if the forum has a relevant section.

I am trying to upload screen shots and the manuals but it says token invalid, PM me you want them.

Cheers,

Ryan
Old 11-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #21

Ignore this user

Thumbs up Re: MTpredictor......any Views?

I bought it some time ago, haven't used it in anger. But my experience in talking with them and with the training support, and the realism of their claims suggests its a good, honest product and service which will work from some and not others.

I would like to see how they handle losing trades more often in the webinars, but that's my only gripe.

I would not recommend someone to buy, would merely say I don't believe its any kind of scam, and so would not recommend against.

I prefer VSA (the method not the product) myself and am currently focused on that. Its interesting they have some videos including VSA with MTP which I am intrigued by.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:29 PM   #22

Ignore this user

Re: MTpredictor didn't work for me

Maybe one out of 4 of their buy and sell signals actually pan out.
I have been checking into their live room for years and it is all Monday morning quarterbacking.
Their educational webinar starts at 10:30 EST and ends at 11:30 am M,W,F.
What really ticks me off is during the webinar is that Mtpredictor software buy and sell signals appear on the charts.
Usually after a member states a signal set up has appeared , John may say you can take, it may turn out.
NEVER, EVER, have they said take this trade but they go into detail about the previous days trades.
John and Steve (Steve is proprietor of MTP) NEVER comment on the signals that are occurring in real time as the market is unfolding except for last Wednesday. John said " Tom (one of us on the webinar) said we have a TS3 in the NQ. Several minutes later , Steve joins with the advanced training. Steve spends several minutes looking at the 15 min and 5 min chart patterns. About 5 minutes after the market has moved away from the MTP signal entry point, Steve says it may be a good trade.
That is as good as it gets ! Normally, they never comment on MTP signals that appear in real time during their webinar.
The big emphasis is on what happened yesterday and the day before.
Steve, this is a no brainer! We are trying to make money. When a signal appears (DURRING A WEBIBNAR) THAT SHOULD BE THE MAIN FOCUS OF YOUR ATTENTION.
If you can't do this , it is all BS.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:32 PM   #23

Ignore this user

Maybe one out of 4 of their buy and sell signals actually pan out.
I have been checking into their live room for years and it is all Monday morning quarterbacking.
Their educational webinar starts at 10:30 EST and ends at 11:30 am M,W,F.
What really ticks me off is during the webinar is that Mtpredictor software buy and sell signals appear on the charts.
Usually after a member states a signal set up has appeared , John may say you can take, it may turn out.
NEVER, EVER, have they said take this trade but they go into detail about the previous days trades.
John and Steve (Steve is proprietor of MTP) NEVER comment on the signals that are occurring in real time as the market is unfolding except for last Wednesday. John said " Tom (one of us on the webinar) said we have a TS3 in the NQ. Several minutes later , Steve joins with the advanced training. Steve spends several minutes looking at the 15 min and 5 min chart patterns. About 5 minutes after the market has moved away from the MTP signal entry point, Steve says it may be a good trade.
That is as good as it gets ! Normally, they never comment on MTP signals that appear in real time during their webinar.
The big emphasis is on what happened yesterday and the day before.
Steve, this is a no brainer! We are trying to make money. When a signal appears (DURRING A WEBIBNAR) THAT SHOULD BE THE MAIN FOCUS OF YOUR ATTENTION.
If you can't do this , it is all BS.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: