Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

emini.ninja

Crude Trader Journals, Threads, Blogs?

The CL is a marvelous market to trade but you better watch it and paper trade it before going live. When she wants to move, she will move w/o any concern about giving you time to get in or where your stop is at.

> she will move

I couldn't agree more! I've been watching the CL for a few weeks now and have seen her go. Sometimes I'll trade it small during its relatively lull periods. The last few days have been crazy, to say the least. I primarily just trade the price, which is why I'm curious to see the fundamental side of crude, which, if I'm not mistaken, drives it more than anything else.

> she will move

I couldn't agree more! I've been watching the CL for a few weeks now and have seen her go. Sometimes I'll trade it small during its relatively lull periods. The last few days have been crazy, to say the least. I primarily just trade the price, which is why I'm curious to see the fundamental side of crude, which, if I'm not mistaken, drives it more than anything else.

Well, we could debate what pushes price around, but I think it's good advice to anyone looking to trade oil to watch it first. If you want action, you got it there.

It was a bit slow the week of Xmas, but it's back in action and some great intraday moves for sure.

Does anyone know of any good journals, threads or blogs that discuss trades in light sweet crude oil?

WSJ reported today's (1/4/2011) drop as 'profit-taking' (http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20110104-710517.html), which I find hard to believe. I'd like to see real traders blog/journal their perspectives on what really happened :)

You may be interested in the discussion this

guy puts up on his crude oil futures trades.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNP4gAhRHf4&feature=youtube_gdata]YouTube - Crude Oil Trading +123 Ticks Profit - Long from 0803-0809 on Wed.23.Feb.2011[/ame]