Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dbelov275

Just Some Basic Tips for Investing

Just some tips on investing that I thought made be useful to someone.

1) Never buy when market is reaching new heights,

in early january and in the next few months when market is reaching new heights one another day, all the analyst were predicting market to reach 32k and more considering all the good news floating in the market(though it was floated).

By now slowly few of them has set the target as around 27k on an average by year end, considering all the bad news because of quarter results. So next lesson is

2) Never blindly follow all analysts.

3) Buying stocks on analysts call, can also be a danger.

An experience is with Havells India, it has vibrant range of products, was advertised well, with projected real estate and infrastructure growht in India it was said to do well and slowly stock price was doing good and crossed 330. Suddenly it was brought down to around 280 and slowly it settled at 260, a drop in more than around 30% from its peak just because of some analysts call i believe .I couldnt see any news on that day and by next day i almost sold at loss to recover my capital as some of the analysts has given bearish call that it will settle around 240-250 for a long time.

4) Buy heavily when market is bleeding, set a target for stop loss if it still bleeds.

5) Never fear to sell at loss

6) Try to be invested for more than 2-3 years to get all the benefits of bonus shares and tax benefits.Accumulate during this time if your stock is extremely good.

Investing can never be a gamble as you take part in the progress of a company and eventually for the country.

Enjoy investing :-)

Keep writing but stick it in the humour section next time. I'm serious.

Once again... I am amused...

deblov275... Please, just stop writing. The advice you are providing is banal, and in many regards simply horrid. Case in point...

To "buy heavily when price is bleeding", is in all likelihood is going to lead to the next bit of priceless advice about "never be afraid to sell at a loss".

I know you have read "this" in some book somewhere and then regurgitated "it" onto our shoes (thanks pal), but it can't be from personal experience that you are offering up this bit of sage wisdom.

Nothing concerning "investing" should be done with a heavy hand, and further, every decision that you make must be placed in context with current market conditions. As a retail investor, you will never have the "straight dope" on why an equity has fallen out of favor. The truest bit of information you can have is price action, and what the market is telling you about the collective opinion, this should be your major concern.

To your faithful readers (gawd help em): There are many different (successful) strategies for accumulating shares when prices are depressed, all are based on sound money management, and reading what the collective opinion is telling you. Please though, stop reading this guy because it's doubtful he will stop writing... save yourselves.

Even if that's what you've been doing for some time now? That seems like a fast way to lose all of your savings!

It's like trying to win in roulette by betting on ZERO all the time. Oh, wait, chances to win are still higher!

On 8/17/2016 at 2:40 PM, dbelov275 said:

Just some tips on investing that I thought made be useful to someone.

1) Never buy when market is reaching new heights,

in early january and in the next few months when market is reaching new heights one another day, all the analyst were predicting market to reach 32k and more considering all the good news floating in the market(though it was floated).

By now slowly few of them has set the target as around 27k on an average by year end, considering all the bad news because of quarter results. So next lesson is

2) Never blindly follow all analysts.

3) Buying stocks on analysts call, can also be a danger.

An experience is with Havells India, it has vibrant range of products, was advertised well, with projected real estate and infrastructure growht in India it was said to do well and slowly stock price was doing good and crossed 330. Suddenly it was brought down to around 280 and slowly it settled at 260, a drop in more than around 30% from its peak just because of some analysts call i believe .I couldnt see any news on that day and by next day i almost sold at loss to recover my capital as some of the analysts has given bearish call that it will settle around 240-250 for a long time.

4) Buy heavily when market is bleeding, set a target for stop loss if it still bleeds.

5) Never fear to sell at loss

6) Try to be invested for more than 2-3 years to get all the benefits of bonus shares and tax benefits.Accumulate during this time if your stock is extremely good.

Investing can never be a gamble as you take part in the progress of a company and eventually for the country.

Enjoy investing :-)

I'd say another tip would have to be, know what you're doing. It would be a good idea to get into a room or such, to learn how other people are thinking, and about what the indicators are saying, like with the flowshark live room, it's free, and thats good enough for me!