Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Predictor

Corzine Stop Run?

yep - its just a classic story of too much leverage, too much risk and too much ego.

Risk of ruin kills many and hindsight is a wonderful thing.....imagine how many client funds might have disappeared otherwise.

Regardless of what anyone things of the Fed/govt being the lender of last resort - they do have enough deep pockets and patience if the trade is right, whereas us mere mortals have to take other things into consideration.

I once had an argument with a banker from UBS who claimed that the only thing LTCM did was run out of money otherwise their trades were good too. :doh:

Thats like saying i wouldn't have starved to death - its just that i ran out of food. (bringing in your fasting regime for good measure - i hope thats going well.)

I hear that if Corzine (MFGLOBAL) could have kept his positions that they would be worth quite the fortune now. Anyone have more specific information about how those bonds are doing?

Here is one such article...

If You Bought Greek Bonds in January You Earned 80%: Euro Credit - Bloomberg

I'd estimate that at least 50% of my losing trades came back to profit at some point.

The question is, did I have the margin or balls to finance these positions?

Clearly my timing was off either way. So was his.

Anyhows, they guy's a scum bag and should be locked up.

I'd estimate that at least 50% of my losing trades came back to profit at some point.

The question is, did I have the margin or balls to finance these positions?

Clearly my timing was off either way. So was his.

Anyhows, they guy's a scum bag and should be locked up.

exactly!

...what would have been wrong with 'stopping out' and getting back in later - instead of leveraging stolen money?

...yet instead of locked up he's being called over to eur as a consultant...

...and Predictor, what was the point of your OP?