Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tams

Point & Figure Simulator

Tams,

First of all with TS I had to change the 'plots' around so that the dot becomes PLot1. This was because TS would plot the gray lines in front of the dots since it had 'first priority'.

I set this up as a standard indicator which is fine, but I can't see some of the price data. In other words, the gray lines cover some of the bar charts. Is there a way to put the indicator 'behind' the data with TS?

I'm sure when I have time later I can play around with a showme version.

Cheers.

Tams,

First of all with TS I had to change the 'plots' around so that the dot becomes PLot1. This was because TS would plot the gray lines in front of the dots since it had 'first priority'.

I set this up as a standard indicator which is fine, but I can't see some of the price data. In other words, the gray lines cover some of the bar charts. Is there a way to put the indicator 'behind' the data with TS?

I'm sure when I have time later I can play around with a showme version.

Cheers.

The price bars I have in the illustration are from the symbol.

You can add price bars by inserting:

PlotPaintBar (High, Low, Open, Close );

and changing the rest of the plots to

plot5[lb](sv) ;

plot6(abh);

plot7(abl);

Talk about getting back to the basics...

PnF is a very handy tool for those who

doesn't know how to define "risk" in an entry...

or has problem riding the profit.

just use the yellow dot --

it defines your stop loss in an entry,

(you know exactly how much you are risking in the trade)

and it will help you hang on to the winner.

(you just ride the wave until the yellow dot comes home!)

This is Price Action at its best; you cannot get more basic than this!

Talk about getting back to the basics...

PnF is a very handy tool for those who

doesn't know how to define "risk" in an entry...

or has problem riding the profit.

This is Price Action at its best; you cannot get more basic than this!

I agree totally, and I would even add a "Talk about keeping it simple"! :-)

I love the point and figure method and I would rather suggest getting a dedicated point and figure charting software like Bulls Eye Broker (Point and Figure charting software Bull's-Eye Broker) where you can better analyze the actual point and figure charts clearly than to "follow some dots". :doh:

I tried to start a point and figure charting thread before but I didn't have time back then to continue, I should really find time to keep it up.

For point and figure beginners I would recommend reading the point and figure book Point and Figure Method of Anticipating Stock Price Movements It can be read online for free