Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Robert2617

Ward's $TICK, $TRIN, $TIKQ, $TRINQ and $VIX RadarScreen Indicator

After the recent drop in the market, I heard one of the market mavens on TV talking about "The VIX" market indicator. It sounded interesting to me so I coded it into Ward's_TnT_Zone. Then a light bulb went off and I rewrote the whole thing in a more efficient way, hence the new name of the indicator.

The old indicator still works but this one is better.

With this indicator you can track $TICK, $TRIN, $TIKQ, $TRINQ and $VIX.x all in one little RadarScreen. I have preset each one to the recommended alert levels but you can adjust them to your preferences via user inputs. If the item(s) you are tracking is within a bullish zone, you get a green light. If it is in a bearish zone you get a red light. If it is in a neutral zone, you get yellow. The precise increment number is also plotted on the indicator as well as whether it is rising or falling.

Good luck with your trading! :cool:

ttnv.gif.715b271f5399dea71a8f3ed5a829f319.gif

WARDS_TTNV.ELD

Help please? How can I reference the current values of Trin, Tick and/or Vix (say for Nasdaq) in code for another symbol? I can see the values right there in my Quotes window but cannot figure out how to refer to them programmatically (like say with a $Trin() function).

Thanks!

- Wards is an indicator, but it's a RadarScreen. Once the ELD is imported, how do I open it?

- Also, is there a way to use the issues in a RadarScreen as inputs to a study?