Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Robert2617

Floor Pivots Daily

is there a way to modify this indicator, so it uses the "settlement" price vs. the close price.

in my travels, so to speak, i have found that using the settle price instead of the close price for calc'ing floor trader pivots gives more accurate pivot levels.

I want to calculate the high and the low as the h and l off the daily chart using 24 hour session but I want these values to appear on my regular trading hours intraday chart. I tried using highD and lowD and closeD, however the values differed when using 24 hour and regular trading hours charts.

Does anyone know how to capture the high of the previous day 24 hour period? Thanks.

I have not tried this ..but it should work in theory..

one way is to add @YM as data2 to your chart, overlay it over the existing data1( @YM.D). Use the same interval as in data1. Modify your pivot point code to use data2 for calculation, for example..

var: pivot(0, data2);

( pivot = ( HighD of data2 + LowD of data2 + CloseD of data2)/3 ;

Any help would be great. I installed this indicator and nothing shows up on the chart in Tradestation? I inserted the indicator and it shows the High and Lows but there aren't any lines?

Is this a good Auto Daily Pivot indicator?

Thanks for your help in advance guys!

:crap:

Hi All

Just got trade station up and running but am having problems getting this indicator to show up on charts I do not see any line at all? I have installed and run the bbsqueeze, ttm trend and volume delta with no problems but cannot get this to show up

Thanks for the help

Cheers

having problems getting this indicator to show up on charts I do not see any line at all?
Try a new 10min or 500tick chart without the other indicators, it should show up; please see attached picture below.

You may get a more accurate pivots based on daily data and the eld from this TS forum thread: https://www.tradestation.com/Discussions/Topic.aspx?Topic_ID=70201

5aa70e37cd4a5_YMpivots2008-01-30_193017.png.a91133b0808a05624897eec5368e7dda.png

Hi there

I would like to use this indicator to calculate pivots based on the UK calendar day. I was hoping someone more experienced might know how the NEWDAYTM input in this indicator affects the calculations and whether i could use it to shift the calculation.

I have TS set to local time, so i was thinking if i set this input to my local time when the time it is midnight UK.

Would this do the trick?

Thanks in advance

Edited by potsiea