Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Traders Log Forum for EOD trade logs and feedback.

Like Tree8Likes
Old 01-02-2011, 05:38 AM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Trading Rooms

Laguna,

if you are a consistent trader, you are in the very small minority group of traders. So it would be helpful to define, what are your anticipations of a valuable 'trading-room'? Do you want a calling service or a place to learn?

As you mentioned at end of your message, you are looking only for a place to chat in this 'unsocial sport', it seems you don't need any help in trading. This is the point, you are different to the most, who are looking for a good trading room. Your judgements about the mentioned rooms may be influenced by your personal needs.

I'm not able to claim, that I'm knowing all or most of the services, so called trading-rooms, but I'm knowing and using a very small number of services, which I'm able to assess:

profiletraders (your # 1): you may say, there are too much complaints above politics, but the focus is trading, and it is wrong if you are stating, most trades are losers, without mentioning, that the sum of trades below the line is profitable. The published performance statistics are honest. And if you criticize using 1 contract to trade in the room, you are ignoring, that the shown live trading is the best acting against the claiming of winning trades after the fact.

fibonacciqueen (your # 9 - fibqueen): 'great method, but you can do better after reading her book'. Now we know all. What is her method? Well, Carolyn Boroden IS honest and she is using software which is assisting her method. If you don't have experience and assisting software, you are NOT able to do it equal or better. Especially if you are a beginner and searching for support on your way to profitable trading.

These two examples are showing, that you were not looking very deeply into the rooms. And because you are in ONE point absolutely right 'Most trading rooms are scams', it would be more helpful to others, to explain, what the methods of the roomowners are, beside to make a judement as a 'high-flyer'.

For sure there are only a few providers, which are worth to pay for. But because there are different methods of trading [i.e. trading daily profile by reza (profiletraders) or trading fibonacci price- and time-clusters by carolyn (fibonacciqueen)], not each method is suitable for each (beginning) trader.

If you are trying to avoid the loneliness of this 'asocial sport', have a look at one of the mIRC chatrooms. There you'll find many guys trading and talking whole day. And - it's absolutely FREE.

josch
The Following User Says Thank You to josch For This Useful Post:
reinaldonuesca (12-25-2012)
Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #18

Ignore this user

Josch,

I agree with the following: Caroline is Honest and Her Method Is Good as well as her book. And she states clearly in her webinars, that she tried to become a trader, but did not succeed.
Profile Traders is a different story and I will stand 100% by what I said: it is a Complete Scam.

I found that after all I do much better without any noise: finall followed advise of few succeful traders, and turned everything off. So far only Pirates made any sense to me, but I do not trade ES: that was a great group of traders and decent people.

Pandora with Mozart and Vivaldi I found to be the Best Trading Room For Me.

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to laguna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2011, 11:17 AM   #19

Ignore this user

I would like to find either a room or atleast one other trader that focuses on trading the CL. I would like to participate in ongoing dialogue as this market develops. I have developed my own proprietary method based on Market Profile principles but believe two sets of eyes and heads are better than one.
The Following User Says Thank You to JackH For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM   #20

Ignore this user

Found lovely new room: tradingliveonline, that seems to be Kosher based on Harmonics and Fibs: trading ES, but looking at Euro as well.
Had not seen losing trades yet, and love the fact, that their seious about Fibs
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laguna For This Useful Post:
mbhsi (04-01-2011), reinaldonuesca (12-25-2012)
Old 01-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #21

Ignore this user

I have been a member of a room since last Jube and find it really enjoyable and it was a great help to me. I had been in a bunch I got nothing out of(including some who advertise here). I don't want to outright call anyone a scammer, but nothing was right fit. The moderator, Tony is a great guy, patient and likes to educate more than trade I think. he has coded a bunch of new custom indicators an entry signal system for Ninja 7 and adding some markets i am just getting used to like CL and GC. Just my 2 cents but I highly recommend at least the free trial to give him a look.
Day Trade with Intention
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stifland For This Useful Post:
mbhsi (04-01-2011), reinaldonuesca (12-25-2012)
Old 09-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #22

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna »
Hey guys, I'd love to start thread to see if there is A Decent Trading Room. Here is my opnion:

8. PureTick: Enjoyed Alex's company....but taking 10+ trades a day is not my thing: although, They contacted me and stated that he made changes to his method.

there is one..Pleeeeeez, Prove Me Wrong!
Just saw PureTick listed the domain for sale. It appears to have 13,000 links in google. Might want to buy it and use it to sell vitamins or something.

https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItem...n=puretick.com

Old 09-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #23

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by laguna »
Hey guys, I'd love to start thread to see if there is A Decent Trading Room. Here is my opnion:

Here is my conclusion after a year in Trading Room Jungle:
Most Trading Rooms Are Scams. Good Trader Does Not Need Headache or Liability of The Trading Room. I had been subscriber /visitor to 50+: most are clear junk, and you can see that immediately. Some: like ProfileTraders may take few weeks or so. So here are my opinion on few last ones:

1. Profiletraders and Huddy-Traders: Both Are Junk ( will skip word S above to be Proper): Reza in PT spends most of his time cursing Obama, trades 1 contract ( lol: who can make living on1 ct: and most of his trades are losers). He always blames his crappy trades on Market and Obama. Huddy takes 2 ticks a trade...at the best…

2. Eminitrading school: JUNK: The only good thing is Giles Sweetness: initally seems impressive: after 2-3 visits: These guys make living on Membership: not trading

3. Eminijunkie: Crappiest Room Ever..Clearly takes advantage of newbies: Fibs will become a Curse if you would pay attention to this guy..I lasted 15 min: made me nauseous.

4. MarketDelta: Worst software in Trading: Period. Only 1 person in tech support for entire US>had been member to 3 rooms associated with it:

5: l2ST: if you like to witness trades marked after the fact ( lol: anyone can do it): then this is room for u...after becoming a member and witnessing only 15-20 members became clear..Kam is not a Good Trader and Has No Business BSing . Also, changing inidcators weekly: what does that tell you?

6. Insitute for Auction Market Theory: I tried for 3 days and lasted 15 min each day: company of someone who sounds like angry 80+yr old who is cursing every 30 sec and taking constant losses during that time: was not for me.

7. Order Flow Analytics: NAP TIME...what a..: George pretends to be This Such A Special Room: It Aint..

8. PureTick: Enjoyed Alex's company....but taking 10+ trades a day is not my thing: although, They contacted me and stated that he made changes to his method.

9. FibQueen: Honest Woman. who talks about hangover in her Sat. webinar: great method, but you can do better after readin her book and trading on your own.

10. Mark Braun: nicest and most helpful guy, trade same method as Fib Queen. but you get much more personal attention: I found that he uses way to many instruments and charts.

11. TradeThe Markets: how can you trust someone if you can't see their charts??? and Clayburg is Pathetic: his system was one of the first things I bought in trading: Old Scammer

12. Millenium traders: JT is sweet and cute..at time may make good trades, but o long term basis: traidng 1 min candles//pretty dangerous: again 10+ trades a day..

13. Juggernauttraders: Sad Place…

These are few that come to mind at the moment: feel free to ask and I will let you know if I had been to whatever room you are enquiring about.

Here is My Advise: Remove All Indies and Stare At The Chart: You Will be Amazed How Much You Can Notice once all the background noise and indies are gone. Also: please, stay away from Tick Charts: I learned that most succesful traders take 1-2 trades a day, and they do not trade tick charts..
I personally would love to hear about decent room: I am a consistent trader, but since trading is such an asocial sport: would love to join a Honest and Good Trading Room...If there is one..Pleeeeeez, Prove Me Wrong!
you must have spend a lot of money paying subscriptions for all those trading rooms........man:confused :
Old 11-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #24

Ignore this user

Currently a member of a trading room that made 50% last year. costs less than 100 a month.
There are good ones out there. No education though, just a backtested system that works.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: