Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

AbeSmith

8/9/07 General Trade Log / Idea Sharing

Abe,

One thing I see - first couple charts are on the 1 minute and then we see a 1250 VBC. Any particular reason for that? Those are both quick charts, so I'm wondering if there's a need to be trying to watch both of them at the same time.

Abe,

One thing I see - first couple charts are on the 1 minute and then we see a 1250 VBC. Any particular reason for that? Those are both quick charts, so I'm wondering if there's a need to be trying to watch both of them at the same time.

Hey Brownsfan. No particular reason for that. Just experimenting with different chart settings.

Abe,

If it's ok with you, I'd like to give another perspective on your trades from today. Let me know and I'll post the screenshots w/ my commentary and you can tell me what you think.

Not only is it ok with me Brownsfan, I look forward to it.

Abe,

Here's some charts with my annotations for your enjoyment. :p

You'll see rather quickly that I am a big fan of candlestick analysis, esp in real-time on futures charts w/ VBC's.

Some of what I typed may not make perfect sense since you are not versed in candlestick analysis. We recently started the Candlestick Corner here on TL and there's plenty of good resources on the internet as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2282&stc=1&d=1186685540

attachment.php?attachmentid=2283&stc=1&d=1186685540

attachment.php?attachmentid=2284&stc=1&d=1186685540

5aa70deee42cf_abe1.png.70fe8e0cabf53c350ac6e37f3fae4943.png

5aa70deee87ac_abe2.png.1a48e693ade30f5bbe25ca8b3cd99163.png

5aa70deeec375_abe3.png.dbe774d21e768a94ab316a75f1f41d48.png

Abe,

Here's some charts with my annotations for your enjoyment. :p

You'll see rather quickly that I am a big fan of candlestick analysis, esp in real-time on futures charts w/ VBC's.

Some of what I typed may not make perfect sense since you are not versed in candlestick analysis. We recently started the Candlestick Corner here on TL and there's plenty of good resources on the internet as well.

attachment.php?attachmentid=2282&stc=1&d=1186685540

attachment.php?attachmentid=2283&stc=1&d=1186685540

attachment.php?attachmentid=2284&stc=1&d=1186685540

Thanks Brownsfan. That was very helpful. It seems I should pay more attention to candlestick analysis.

Candlestick analysis may not be for you in terms of trading off of it, but at least being aware of it is a good idea in my opinion.

The basic premise behind candlestick analysis, esp on a VBC, in my opinion is that you will get into the moves much sooner than most. The catch is that you will also get into some false moves as well. The key being can you ride the big moves long enough to make your money.

Candlestick analysis may not be for you in terms of trading off of it, but at least being aware of it is a good idea in my opinion.

The basic premise behind candlestick analysis, esp on a VBC, in my opinion is that you will get into the moves much sooner than most. The catch is that you will also get into some false moves as well. The key being can you ride the big moves long enough to make your money.

Thanks Brownsfan. You are very helpful.

Brownsfan

Nice analysis there for Abe.

I'm currently scalping of tick charts so candlestick analysis is a bit of a new ball game for me, although I'm starting to understand it. If I could just run this one past you to get your opinion on it, would be much appreciated.

On Abe's chart, I've highlighted a hammer, 2 bars after a hammer, but in the middle of the range, I was just wondering what your opinion would be if, for instance, I come across this again?

Would it be a case of just a bad long there or would you have already discounted it, or is it not a bullish hammer at all?

Thanks

Blu-Ray

Abechart.png.f33e794b624e8eb37ea01fd286b5616b.png

Brownsfan

Nice analysis there for Abe.

I'm currently scalping of tick charts so candlestick analysis is a bit of a new ball game for me, although I'm starting to understand it. If I could just run this one past you to get your opinion on it, would be much appreciated.

On Abe's chart, I've highlighted a hammer, 2 bars after a hammer, but in the middle of the range, I was just wondering what your opinion would be if, for instance, I come across this again?

Would it be a case of just a bad long there or would you have already discounted it, or is it not a bullish hammer at all?

Thanks

Blu-Ray

Blu,

Good question and that's part of constructing a candlestick trading plan. That's a good topic for discussion in our candlestick corner actually.

In traditional analysis, that is not a 'good' hammer to go long on. I would be happy if I was ALREADY long, but not necessarily going to initiate a new long on that hammer, assuming traditional candlestick analysis. That does not mean there is not a long possibility there however. ;)

Why don't you start a thread in the CC and we'll see what kind of discussions we get going there.