Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

:2c:

A game of musical chairs....but also an interesting experiment in decentralisation....or is it centralisation (I sometimes cant tell)

At best it might make people think more about ideas of exchange, the technology might be interesting to develop from this, and it might force competition on the banks transaction fees - otherwise it wil have the same issues many forms of exchange will have regards, theft, trust, manipulation, volatility, etc; etc.

.....a good history

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/

Edited by SIUYA

I've cot some bitcoins for sale if anyone wants them.

Wire $10,000 into my account and I'll give you $9,000 worth. They're amazing! So useful and convenient, you'll wonder how you ever managed to live without them.

Full access codes included.

Folks - Thanks for all the interest in my bitcoins, and for those who took me up on the fabulous offer. I only have $20,000 worth left.

I'll let them go for $21,000.

or $10,000 for $10,000

or $5000 for $5500

Can somebody post advantages and disadvantages of bitcoins ?

I have posted a ton of research on the net which is easy to find, has a lot of various opinions about the pros and cons of bitcoins from many many different people and sources but no real conclusion.

you can find the index at any one of the large number of internet search engines around.

For my research I am sorry i dont have an assistant to answer every question for those who cant be bothered, funds are tight in this era of austerity.

Please send a bitcoin to help fund my efforts.

"A South Carolina man received a dubious honor in April when his Bitcoins became the first ever seized by the U.S. government.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration seized the 31-year-old Eric Daniel Hughes’ Bitcoins, which are a type of online currency.

It’s believed that the seizure may have been related to shady online drug clearinghouse Silk Road, a site that only accepts Bitcoins as currency.

According to DEA documentation, agents seized 11.02 Bitcoins from Hughes, worth $814.

Though the forfeiture notice makes no mention of the online illicit drug seller, the Post and Courier reports that speculation regarding the involvement of Silk Road has quickly arisen simply because of the Bitcoin seizure."

by : dailymail.co.uk

A cash machine that accepts the virtual currency bitcoin is set to be distributed around the globe this summer, according to its maker Lamassu, which expects pre-orders for the technology to be placed soon.

"A South Carolina man received a dubious honor in April when his Bitcoins became the first ever seized by the U.S. government.

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration seized the 31-year-old Eric Daniel Hughes’ Bitcoins, which are a type of online currency.

It’s believed that the seizure may have been related to shady online drug clearinghouse Silk Road, a site that only accepts Bitcoins as currency.

According to DEA documentation, agents seized 11.02 Bitcoins from Hughes, worth $814.

Though the forfeiture notice makes no mention of the online illicit drug seller, the Post and Courier reports that speculation regarding the involvement of Silk Road has quickly arisen simply because of the Bitcoin seizure."

by : dailymail.co.uk

Apparently he had weak security of his wallet?