Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

henryduncan12

For Maximum Profit !!

i have found everyone want more money but maximum time i have found no one shared own knowledge why ? what you are talking about is how to maximize profit. I believe by having more and more practice we can do that. That obviously needs more time and a lot of practice and patience. what's your opinion? :cheers:

Depends on what you're practicing. Practicing a losing strategy only makes one a more accomplished loser.

As for sharing knowledge, that can't be done. Only information can be shared. Knowledge is gained only through experience. And a lot of effort.

Knowledge is gained only through experience. And a lot of effort.

Agree, and experience comes at the expense of lots of time, lots of education and learning from mistakes and good, seasoned traders...

One way of good forex trading is to take things slow, get rich slow, remember slow and steady wins the race, its good to take time and invest in skills as you grow your account bit by bit instead of hurry that leads to a margin call.:cool:

i have found everyone want more money but maximum time i have found no one shared own knowledge why ? what you are talking about is how to maximize profit. I believe by having more and more practice we can do that. That obviously needs more time and a lot of practice and patience. what's your opinion? :cheers:

There are different profitable strategy available. But there is no shortcut method in trading. It's not so easy that one successful trader share his strategy to you and you will become successful. Much experience is needed to be execute a good strategy successfully. So It is important to test different strategy , choose the best one for you. Then start learning deeply and practice much this strategy to have different experience using this strategy. According to me price action strategy is the best. You will find different free ebooks in internet about this strategy.

Exactly there is no shortcut method in trading. You have to use your trading skills in the best possible way. I can help by sharing my strategies of trading. Before I burned my accounts and decided to shift into a different approach of trading.

I find it totally challenging and profitable to compete with traders in the world. It is a very nice website quite unique -trade1on1. I find the rules very easy to learn and with a little bit of practice, you'll be meeting and beating players from all over the world in no time at all!

1.Players agree upon a real amount of money that goes into a common pot.

2.Each player gets a virtual amount of $100,000 for trading.

3.When the time's up, the player with the highest return on his virtual portfolio wins the real money in the Pot.

Open a demo first , Start practice then you can go for real:helloooo:

David- it is good for most of the traders...the weak traders gets the experience and get a chance to compete with the good ones and who are already good they get to have more confident in the trade and also to the traders and get some more new ideas

i am experience trader but still play such games to compete with others because i am enjoying it and really funny. I enjoy the tournament the most - competing with many 6 to 8 traders in a given time. Simply amazing;)

As others have stated, it comes down to what you are practicing. Agreed. To maximize profit, sanely, you must act on opportunity as often as possible and protect capital.. goes without saying that you must have a mathematically valid way to profit trading..

And IMO you must utilize multiple timeframes/price action levels. For example, I have resistance on 1hr, signs of a turn using 20m data, then trend change on a 5m - i will start shorting using patterns on a 2 pip kase bar chart... My approach is to scale in, and get all out (either trailing or target). Scale in, all out in traded this way definitely 'maximizes profit' to my satisfaction.... my two cents

forumstratpic.png.8cda762ed7cbd093150b818357cf4f2b.png

That's using commissions incl, the 2 days in a row close < open exit.. 1,000 shares/trade

Entry - we can redo with a better definition of trend. i know one when i see one.... in hindsight. We must have rules for moving forward. This test used ADX(14) > 25, ADX(14) > ADX(14) for the last 3 bars, and current close greater than the close 15 bars ago(a stab at 'rising prices'). Better ways to define a trend probably exist, this was quick and dirty.

Optimizing between 1 and 30 bars (days) for close to close comparison (to define the uptrend), best results over this 20 year period were from the 10 day lookback. Actually did turn out profitable on SPY, though choppy

forumstratpic_2.png.b406b2d9fa7932d3fc4e937cfe9ef520.png

Ok... that was intriguing so i carried over same settings, no optimizing to past 15 years EURUSD Daily, and to my surprise it worked.

The return was only 40% since 1998, but hey

Ridiculous, can't believe that worked. Hell, that was easy lol - my hat's off to you sir

forumstratpic_3.thumb.png.a05ad02581e40ecb9f371ccf05ee7d6c.png

forumstratpic_4.thumb.png.7f5c604843e5dda77f75617efe4bdabf.png